Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New in the collection

Article about: Czyli chwalimy się...to boast about, new items in collection For warm-up For many years I preded the collection of badges... I do not know, quite a lot of them. But I guess I started, n

?

Default New in the collection

Czyli chwalimy się...to boast about, new items in collection

For warm-up
    For many years I preded the collection of badges... I do not know, quite a lot of them,many fakes.
    But I guess I started, next in the collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New in the collection  
    Last edited by Tomek; 04-30-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Hi Tomek, good idea for a thread . I have "stuck" this one for easy access by members who want to share pictures of new additions to their collections.

And przy okazji I'll share a new acquisition, one of the many decorations associated with General Józef Haller. This is one of the scarcer ones, and been given various names. I'll use the one that is stated on the accompanying award document, very simply "The General Józef Haller Medal" (Medal Generała Józefa Hallera). This one was awarded on April 3rd 1939 by the Związek Hallerczyków, a Haller Blue Army veterans organization. The medal was produced by the Polish National Mint in Warsaw. This is the first and only award document I have seen for this medal. Of particular interest is that it has was dedicated and signed by the great general himself "Za dzielną patriotyczną współpracę czołem! Józef Haller", which I translate as "For courageous patriotic collaboration, cheers!"

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New in the collection   New in the collection  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Antoni great find.
    This medal has been awarded to civilians, soldiers, veterans?

Thanks Tomek. I have not found too much information on this medal. I would think that veterans were entitled to it, but it seems from the description on the legitymacja card: “w uznaniu jego zasług ideowych” that it could have been awarded to civilians also.

The Oberlietner reference gives the medal a different name altogether, and mentions a silver grade. Elsewhere I found that it was supposedly issued also in a gold grade. I have only ever seen it in bronze, and no more than four or five on the market in the past dozen years or more. Not a commonly seen medal.

Moving on, any other members want to share a new acquisition? Come on, ‘feel the fear, and do it anyway’ . . .
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

hi, I'll start too!
    this badge found today, with marking 800

2 Grupa Artylerii (Grupa Artylerii Armii)

7 Pułk Artylerii Konnej
    9 Pułk Artylerii Najcięższej (9th Polish Medium Regiment)
    10 Pułk Artylerii Ciężkiej (10th Polish Medium Regiment)
    11 Pułk Artylerii Ciężkiej (11th Polish Medium Regiment)
    12 Pułk Artylerii Ciężkiej (12th Polish Medium Regiment)
    13 Pułk Artylerii Ciężkiej (13th Polish Medium Regiment)

New in the collection

New in the collection

?

I can complete my artillery soldier set
    New in the collection

Nice one Mittra . One of 1230 produced in .800 silver. 2170 were stamped in white metal (alpaca)

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Pilot badge- workshop made ~ 1942 and Cross of Valour Middle East
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New in the collection   New in the collection  

Last edited by Tomek; 05-17-2018 at 07:57 PM.

?

Just arrived
    Sturm/assault badges 3 DSK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New in the collection  

?

hello everyone, these are my original celluloid accordion pieces, there are so many pieces in plastic made after the war, these are really original made Castefidardo Ancona

New in the collection
    New in the collection
    New in the collection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast