Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nice Monte Cassino for sale on emedals.

Article about: Hey guys, found this group for sale on emedals and the price ain't bad. The bracelet is probably worth atleast 150! I would buy it myself but I have been saving cash for a PAF group with Log

Default Nice Monte Cassino for sale on emedals.

Hey guys, found this group for sale on emedals and the price ain't bad. The bracelet is probably worth atleast 150! I would buy it myself but I have been saving cash for a PAF group with Log Book if it ever comes along....

Default Re: Nice Monte Cassino for sale on emedals.

Someone purchased a good looking grouping at a very reasonable price. The cap eagle badge is a minty Canadian wartime Garratt product, whch is unusual to find in a 2nd Corps grouping. This eagle itself has sold for upwards of half the asking price for the entire grouping:

1939-1945 Star; Africa Star, 1 Clasp - 8th Army; Italy Star; Defence Medal; War Medal 1939-1945; and Polish Commemorative Cross of Monte Cassino (bronze, serial numbered "37459" stamped on the reverse, 41 mm, silver Polish eagle insignia on the ribbon). Very crisp detail, light contact, near extremely fine. Accompanied by two Ribbon Bars (1939-1945 Star, Africa Star and Commemorative Cross of Monte Cassino on one; Italy Star, Defence Medal and War Medal 1939-1945 on the other, 12 mm x 95 mm each); Polish Army Cap Badge (silvered metal, 35.8 mm x 54.5 mm); 2 Polish Corps Patch (silver bullion wire and embroidery on red cloth, 38.5 mm x 46.5 mm); British 8th Army Patch (silver and gold bullion wire, on white cloth field, on black cloth field, 43.5 mm x 55 mm); 2 Polish Corps Insignia Pin (silver, unmarked, 12 mm x 21.6 mm, screwback); Cross of Polish Soldier from America Insignia Pin (brozne and enamels, maker marked "W&M Co" on the reverse, 17 mm, screwback); British Empire Service League Canadian Legion Pin (bronze and enamels, maker marked "J.R. GAUNT MONTREAL" on the reverse, 11.5 mm x 16 mm, screwback); British "Emergency Ration" Tin (gilt tin, originally contained 1.25 oz. of chocolate nut cake, four tablets of pressed sugar, soluble tea sufficient for a 12 oz. mug and a pack of matches, 82 mm x 110 mm x 27.5 mm); Monte Cassino Commemorative Bracelet (silvered bronze, central panel illustrating the castle at Monte Cassino, inscribed "M. CASSINO - 18-V-1944" below, five panels on either side with various military insignia, the centre panel flanked by 2 Polish Corps and 8th Army insignias, plus eight others, 22 mm x 213 mm); Commemorative Cross of Monte Cassino Award Document (to "37458 Stanislaw Wojciechowski", 70 mm x 102 mm); Polish Issued Mechanics Registration, 1st Class (named, dated 1943, 63 mm x 91 mm); Polish Issued Driving Licence for Military Vehicles (dated November 7, 1943, signed, with photo, 63 mm x 102 mm); Polish Issued Certificate Entitling Him to British Stars (stamped, dated January 1, 1946, 76 mm x 106 mm); photocopy of his Birth Certificate (born June 7, 1925); photograph of Wojciechowski's Father in Uniform (black and white, two medals "blacked out", embossed stamped in the lower left corner, 44 mm x 63 mm); seventeen Photographs (black and white, various sizes); thirty-three Miniature Souvenir Photographs of Rome, Italy (black and white, 60 mm x 85 mm each); fifteen Postcards of Naples, Italy (black and white, 105 mm x 150 mm each); two Italian Postcards (black and white, 89 mm x 138 mm and 90 mm x 140 mm); and three Postcards of Jerusalem (colourized black and white, 89 mm x 140 mm each).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice Monte Cassino for sale on emedals.  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne