Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No. 303 Squadron symbol?

Article about: Hi all, Does anyone have any 303 Squadron documents with the 303 badge artwork that they could post? I am looking for an accurate rendition of the squadron symbol so I can redraw it correctl

Default No. 303 Squadron symbol?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any 303 Squadron documents with the 303 badge artwork that they could post?

I am looking for an accurate rendition of the squadron symbol so I can redraw it correctly for a cover graphic.

There are many such as this but I don't have an original (chance would be a fine thing ) to compare it against.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No. 303 Squadron symbol?  
    Attached Images Attached Images No. 303 Squadron symbol? 

?

Default Re: No. 303 Squadron symbol?

Something like this?

Thanks 3DSK,
    Is this an original 303 award badge? Do you have this badge to make a better quality photo from?

?

Yes, it is! Its the numbered version. The first ones they made in the UK. I am sure there are people on this forum who knows much more then I do about the history of 303 SQD

Would you like me to email you this photo? Or wasn't it what you were looking for?

Cheers,
    J

Many thanks 3DSK, An emailed image of higher resolution would be absolutley fantanstic and extremely helpful to me

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    Yes, it is! Its the numbered version. The first ones they made in the UK. I am sure there are people on this forum who knows much more then I do about the history of 303 SQD

Would you like me to email you this photo? Or wasn't it what you were looking for?

Cheers,
    J

303 squadron badge

Thanks to all

I still have to find the correct font but I think I am pretty much there with new 303 badge artwork
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Very impressive Stefan! You are talented. Nice job with the shading, and in particular the light/dark contrast in the 'silver' metal finish elements.

What program do you use for this graphic work?

Regards,
    Tony

To me the feather on the badge has blue, green, blue, red, and white, and your has only blue, green, white.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    What program do you use for this graphic work?
    Thanks Tony, for this I used Illustrator CS4 for the basic vector drawing and colour blocking and then imported the file into Photoshop CS4 for the shading etc.

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    To me the feather on the badge has blue, green, blue, red, and white, and your has only blue, green, white.
    You are right Mariusz, there are so many different versions around but do you have a better reference for the feather plume I might be able to use to get this part right? This would be an easy fix.

On the attached image of the symbol painted on a 303 BoB Hurricane the plume is facing to the left not the right as on the badge? Also the pikes are a different shape so I have based mine on the badge photo Jacek posted.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast