Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

paratrooper eagle

Article about: hello all just picked up this eagle recently . it looks right can any one confirm this and any infomation on the number would be a great help regards paul

Default paratrooper eagle

hello all

just picked up this eagle recently . it looks right can any one confirm this and any infomation on the number would be a great help

regards paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture paratrooper eagle   paratrooper eagle  

Hello Paul,

Many thanks for your post the Polish Parachute Badge Numbered 4144 was awarded to:

Surname: Zapolski

Christian Name: Bronisław.

I will check my other Records to see which unit he was in in the morning at least you have a Name, I did a quick check only found one Bronisław, Born 1916 died 1965 Worth Valley, Yorkshire. Whether or not this is the correct one would need further investigation?

Best wishes

Andrzej

hi Andrzej

many thanks for your reply . great news . look forward to more info .

best regards paul

Hello Paul, the badge is genuine, no problems at all. A Kirkwood strike, with a Grupa Techniczna spinner. A very common combination. Nice badge, congrats

Regards, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi tony.
    thanks for your imput . i was lucky to purchase the eagle . always wanted one but with all the copys around its a minefield .
    I would realy like to find out as much info on the soldier it belonged too especially if he dropped in to arnhem holland .

best regards paul..

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately Bronisław did not jump at Arnhem if he had he would have had the Combat Wreath numbered attached.

I have not been able to find my list as yet I will keep looking but I have found the following information on his life post war Bronisław married Leonera Betka in 1949 and died on the 19th June 1965 aged 49 photo's of grave at Bingley Cemetery.

paratrooper eagle

paratrooper eagle

After his death in 1965 Leonera remarried in 1967 to Gregor Semenjuk (1920-1991), Leonera born in 1927 died in 1998 in Keighley, Yorkshire.

If you search google Bronisław Zapolski + Bingley, the top article is very interesting entitled "The Trial week two".

When I find my list of the members of the Parachute Company I will post my findings for you Paul.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrezj

well thats a strange artical hmmm. would be interesting to know why the eagle has no wreath attached to it . was he at Arnhem or not .

regards paul

Quote by no 1 pts school View Post
    . . . would be interesting to know why the eagle has no wreath attached to it . was he at Arnhem or not .
    Hi Paul, Andrzej answered this question in earlier in post #6:

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Paul,

Unfortunately Bronisław did not jump at Arnhem if he had he would have had the Combat Wreath numbered attached. . . .
    Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

hello all .

over the last week ive been trying to find out more infomation on the original owner of the eagle .
    I seem to have hit a brick wall . is there any more people on the forum that could possibly help .

regards paul..

Hello Paul,

Many thanks for your post, I have found the missing file but unfortunately he his not listed at all, why he is not listed I do not know he might have been Hospitalised or moved to another unit.

I can not help you further, the only person that could would be a family member who would then have to apply to the British Ministry of Defence for a copy of his service record which they do charge £30.00p plus they would need to provide Death certificates for Bronisław and Leonera and prove their relationship to the deceased.

At least now you know who the Badge was awarded to and his post war details.

Best wishes

Andrzej