Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Article about: Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.

Default Re: Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Thank you all for your help with my PAF Wing display,
    Here it is displayed in my office.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Now that is a tidy office A great displays also
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I think that is the best quality of my display that I can post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Yesterday, on Polish sky (exactly Minsk Mazowiecki near Warsaw), first time flew two military aircrafts MIG-29 with painted… (see attachment).
    T

Though this realization of this concept was "not the cheapest" for our a little Foundation (Fundacja Historyczna Lotnictwa Polskiego or translate by google: T), I think that it was worth. These MIGs will be on air shows at whole Europe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

Here's a rarely seen version, crafted in solid gold

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I want to build a display for my great uncle who was KIA with 301 Squadron and whilst looking for some Air Force badges I came across this rarity, what do the badge experts think of this one, I usually check emedals once a day and was on the site 10 hrs and it was not there, 10 hrs later it popped up and sold straight away:

http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...f-badge-eu3652

http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...-badges-eu3653

Hi Nick, that 663 looks OK to me, although I'd like to see a picture with the spinner removed. This badge is a definite rarity and sought after, and someone got themselves a steal for the asking price. I could see this badge sell retail for four or more times that price in Poland.

I've added the pics below for future reference. Please keep in mind that links die and pics get removed so it's always best to post the pictures rather than the link.

Here's the item description:

Polish 663 Squadron RAF Badge - In bronze, enamels and silver, marked F.M. LORIOLI, MILANO-ROMA, extremely fine. Footnote: The 663 Squardon Aircraft Artillery (663 Dywizjon Samolotow Artylerii) called the 663rd Polish Air Observation Post Squadron, an aviation subdivision army of the Polish Armed Force in the West. The squadron was created on September 8, 1944, when pilots and ground support personnel found themselves together at the Ebola airport, thirty km southeast of Salerno, Italy. The decision on the formation of the unit was taken in late May and June 1944. Each regiment of artillery II Polish Corps were selected after two officers who were directed to Cairo for a medical examination and then to Pretoria, South Africa. In early July, a group of artillery officers began pilot training in artillery and air observation, at 62 Air School in Blomfontein, with eighteen officers completing the training on October 18. By January 8, 1945, the squadron pilots made their first flights operating in favour of the British 8th Army V Corps. In February. Squadron "A" had also collaborated with the Italian partisans. KPII, Brigadier Odzierzynskiemu Roman was subdivision subordinate to the commander of the artillery. In April 1945, the squadron saw action at the Battle of Bologna (Squadron "A" was assigned to the 3 DSK, Squadron "B" - 5 KDP and the Squadron "C" - 2 GA). The unit was disbanded on October 19, 1946

Cheers,
    Tony

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.
    Which meant little 3cm wings ?

Hi Igor
    WWII Polish Air Force Wings in my display are regular size PAF badges made by J.R. Gaunt & Son, LTD London, the wings where warn on uniforms.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast