Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Article about: Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.

picture from web
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

few pictures from web too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

?

Hello,
    I would like to have your opinion about this badge of the 318 Squadron, that seems to be original to me.
    It is mm. 39,6 x 19,3. Maximum thickness: 2,59
    Weight: Grams 7,2 w/o spinner.
    I hope that someone can post an original in order to compare with.
    Regards
    Enzo

Polish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges Gallery

Hi Enzo, the badge bears all of the characteristics of a genuine Picchiani & Barlacchi made original. It's a rare badge and the only image I have of one purported to be genuine that is good enough for comparative purposes is posted below. Unfortunately I have only the obverse view. But the reverse of your badge displays the correct post details, two part construction, genuine spinner, etc.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Knedler Pilot Badge and Observer badge

Couple badges from my collection. Both do not have any markings on the badges itself , only on the spinner.
    Cheers,
    Thomas

Hello Everyone,

I decided to have a 5 Minute Break from the Monte Cassino Cross and post the following photographs:

Porucznik Naw. Witold Kazimierz Winkler VM nr: 8441, KW x 3, DFC etc.

Awards of Porucznik Naw. Witold Kazimierz Winkler

(Click on photographs to enlarge in a new window)

304 Squadron Badge Legitymacja Nr 393 obverse

304 Squadron Badge Legitymacja Nr 393 reverse.

(Click on photographs to enlarge in a new window)

Best wishes

Andrzejku

WW2 period wings or ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Hi Igor,

Post-WW2 communist occupation era. The British coin adapted for the spinner may be a clever diversionary tactic to give the badge the appearance of being a UK wartime product.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony,
    Thank you !!!

Hi Guys,

Some time ago I came across this tiny 300 Squadron pin badge (13mm x 9mm shield dimensions). On the back there is barely visible scratched inscription. What I can recognize is K. TARG RIPON YORK'S however K. TARG is questionable. I would like to know your opinion about this badge and inscription. Maybe we would be able to identify it's owner. I went through all members of 300 Squadron but could not find anyone with surname TARG.

Polish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges Gallery

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast