Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Article about: Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.

Default Witold Filski Pilot Badge

Hello,

Looking through the ebay site I recently found a seller who was selling old jewellers envelopes to keep the polish awards safe i.e. Lorioli Fratelli and jozef michrowski ( Nowy Swiat 15). I bought the bunch of envelopes from the ebay seller. Amongst the envelopes was one for Witold Filski. Who had a jewellery stall inside 29 Buckingham Palace Road the shop was called Polish Bookstalls. the phone number on the envelope was Victoria 4679. This shop was only a few metres away from the Rubin Hotel which was the headquarters of General Sikorski in the war and there is a plaque outside the entrance to the hotel to mark the event. I think this proves this gentleman did exist and provide silver Pilots badges for Polish Airmen.

Any comments or thoughts?

Delimata
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Default Witold Filski

I forgot to mention the the address doesn't come out well in the photograph on the envelope but the actual number is 29 Buckingham Palace Road and the shop is now a coffee/tea shop called "Whittards of Chelsea".

Best,

Delimata

Default Witold Filski

Sorry in my haste I should have said that its close by to the Rubens Hotel.

Delimata

Hello,

I would like to share with you my new purchase, it's a polish gapa made by Filski. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any information on this subject anywhere. I would be grateful if any of you could add any information about this badge.

Regards Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Congrats Tomasz. Beautiful and rare badge. Some information on Filski in the posts just ahead of yours. Otherwise there's very little other info out there.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15