Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Article about: Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.

?

Default Re: Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

wadowicznic

Fellows
    This is my recent acquisition “Black Eagle “ and I would very much appreciate your opinions.

We all know the Guant’s Polish Pilot’s wings.

However, I have small dilemma that is worth clarifying – I think

I have just noticed an interesting detail looking at my new acquisition.

1. Look at the picture of the “Black Eagle” – the Badge appear to a “scare across” suggesting that the stamp was broken (please see the specific enlargement)
    2. Look at the picture of the “Silver Eagle” – it comes from the relatively new stock – 7-8 years ago, as You may know, it was easy in London to by the Polish Wings – the badges had been sold in the auction after Mr Sliwerski at Bonham’s (who had bought them from Pilot’s association in the 80ts)– my Silver Eagle comes form this lot.

So my questions are the following
    - Can You please post the picture of the Polish Wings?
    - Do your Badges have the “scare”?
    - Given the fact that the Silver one is the post-war re-strike, can it be that the Black one the War-time made one?
    - Was Guant making badges during the war? Or was that only Firmin?
    - Any pictures of Firmin one?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

?

Mariusz

here are close uppictures of the polish wings that belonged to my uncle
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

?

wadowicznic

Friends

I would like to propose that we open up the debate on the Polish Air Force Squadron Badges.
    Objective to learn as much as we can on the subject
    - Variations
    - Numbers produced
    - Makers
    - IDS
    - Copies
    - Build an on-line data base of pictures

In the past there has been interesting posts on 303 badge(s) so we have done a good start!

Unfortunately, i do not have any meaningful examples despite trying hard over the last few years.
    Sadly, i accept that i will not be successful in this field, but at least i would like top learn what is what.

I am opening with a few pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

?

wadowicznic

Hi
    Just very quickly to add to the discussion about the Pilot’s Badge of PAF that we had earlier on this Forum.

We had discussed the 2 types of the Pilot’s badge
    a) with the “scare”
    b) without one – that seems to be a early post war re-strike

There is one with “the scare” listed on the ebay at the moment.
    I have uploaded pictures for the record

* WW2 Polish Air Forces badge - PILOT EAGLE genuine !! on eBay (end time 04-Jul-10 20:01:51 BST)

And added picture of the one form my collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

?

wadowicznic

Fellows,
    Looking at the Desa Results – I have noticed an exceptional badge.

In my opinion it validates to have small debate / information gathering session about it to add to our collective PSZ knowledge.

The Pilot’s Badge apparently made by Filski London (silver, signatures – Letter F in triangle). Unfortunately there is not picture of the back of the badge.

Any more information about the manufacturer – Filski?
    Price achieved – 3900PLN suggests that it is an exceptional specimen!
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

?

Dorova

a real 309 Sqd. badge.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 

?

Hello
    Would that be fine to post pics of PAF patches in this topic? For example Poland titles or PAF rank insignia?
    Greetings
    Piotrek

?

Piotrek,
    Yes that would be fine !

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Kolas View Post
    Hello
    Would that be fine to post pics of PAF patches in this topic? For example Poland titles or PAF rank insignia?
    Greetings
    Piotrek

?

No. 304 (Land of Silesia) Polish Bomber Squadron commemorative badge and V.M. numbered: 3984. Offered for sale at 9,600 PLN

Antykwariat Numizmatyczny - Paweł Niemczyk

Odznaczenia, odznaki, broń biała | PSZnZ Krzyż Virtuti Militari oraz odznaka 304 Dywizjonu
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish AirForce Badges Gallery 
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast