Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish airforce beret & watch

Article about: THIS Is a bit of a mystery to me and I am hoping someone can help.Its a airforce beret badge on a grey beret ,named and came with a named watch to the same person.Can anyone give me any hist

Default Polish airforce beret & watch

THIS Is a bit of a mystery to me and I am hoping someone can help.Its a airforce beret badge on a grey beret ,named and came with a named watch to the same person.Can anyone give me any history on it and the reason its a airforce badge.Do you have photos of this?Mans name is CZESLAW DOBERSZTYN.
    Who would have made this beret..is it british made without eyelets?
    ThanksPolish airforce beret & watchPolish airforce beret & watchPolish airforce beret & watchPolish airforce beret & watchPolish airforce beret & watchPolish airforce beret & watch

Wow thats a nice set. I cant wait to learn its history.

Hello actionoke,

I have looked through the Rocznik Oficerski (Officers Yearbooks) for 1932, 1934 (Reserves) and 1939, with out finding any record of this officer, I have also checked through 1st Polish Parachute Brigade and the Polish Air Force without any joy.

The only information that I could find was post war, when he married Alice Edna Archard (Born 27th June 1905) in Bath, in Somerset in 1947 photo of entry below.

Click to enlarge in a new page.

The next piece of information came from the London Gazette dated 12th December 1950, Issue Nr: 39090, Page 6209.

Czesław Dobersztyn known as (Cheslaw Yorke), Poland, Engineer, 5 Dorchester Street, Bath, Somerset, 28th October 1950, granted British Citizenship.

Alice Edna Yorke, died in June 1975 in Bath, Czesław Yorke Born 15th May 1908, died in February 2000 in Bath, Regsiter Nr: A61C, District 3001A, Entry 259.

Quite a mystery you have, the Beret Cap Badge is for NCO's and Other Ranks in the Polish Air Force.

Apologies for not being able to help you further with this actionoke

Best wishes

Andrzej

This set, looks like it is missing a knife.. was already discussed in the Thread : Auction items... Post #1079. Sold at auction in UK in 2017, originally there was a US made knife with it.

CORRECT I have the knife but nothing conclusive with the other thread was said at all...So the mystery continues.Mostly want to know why the beret has a airforce badge on it and not army eagle...Badge has been on the beret for a very long time.Is it a Para beret in style?

Here is a knife I have. Same as the one in the Auction. Private purchase Remington hunting knife. I have never seen a Polish soldier with one of these.

And the inscription on the watch : kind of secretive, no place where this " best shot Polish Forces " competition took place ? only date of march 1943.
    And what shooting competition awards a wrist watch ? It would have to be a good size one and who was funding this watch ? There should be some info on that somewhere....

Beret again, the name sewn in on a white tag (I have never encountered that in regard to Polish Forces), white tag looks really clean, inside of Beret clean, but the outside well worn... No rank....

This thread discusses British Berets.

Wwii british berets traits and construction

what does this mean please?

- - ------- - -

what does this mean please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast