Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Battledress

Article about: Hi, this battledress is for sale. What are your opinions on it? Original or put together? The collar tabs are a bit rough stitched on it seems

Default Polish Battledress

Hi, this battledress is for sale. What are your opinions on it? Original or put together?
    The collar tabs are a bit rough stitched on it seems

Polish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish BattledressPolish Battledress

No opinions on it?

Looks OK to me. Typical Polish Army modifications to the blouse.

My only concern would be the poorly sewn on insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The Poland titles are commonly used on I korpus Polski. The 8t army patch and the Mermaid would id this as II Korpus in Italy. Poorly sewn on insignia on Polish Officera jacket ??? really, that is a no go. Modifications are there , but IMO its a hump, made up piece. One more thing ; buttons : well we have a mix of Polish and generic buttons on a Uniform. Once again its a problem for me. We have Polish buttons all over but not on the shoulder boards ?? Looks like DUDU.. not what a Polish Officer would wear.

Thank you both!

I agree, some good points combined with bad points on the blouse. But the overall feel is not quite there to give it the benefit of the doubt.
    For me the poorly stitched collars are the main concern.

I have experience with Free Belgian forces Battledresses and it is the same. Put together items can look good at first glance but then details appear that raise concerns. And the more you look the more you find.

If someone is interested though, it is for sale here:
    WW2 Polish 2nd Corps Officers Battledress Jacket