Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Article about: Tony, Thanks for posting that photo, ... I have seen it before when I believe Rafal N. owned one similar. This again is yet another confirmed variant connected to the Parachute Brigade. This

Hello,

Very interesting post, thanks!

Could you tell me your opinion on these 2 helmets please? They were bought in France in the 90's.

1-Adrian M26 helmet, manufactured by Carpentier before 1933. It seems being refurbished by the french before ww2. Metal polish insignia seems british made. Did free polish soldiers used british made insignia during ww2?

2-MK2 helmet with camo paint? It seems camo. White polish eagle hand painted on the front. Unit insignia on the left. Liner was made in 1942.

Thanks for your answears,

Regards,

Damien
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles   Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Polish Exile helmet Eagles   Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    And here are a few helmets that have stenciled eagles, but not of commonly recognized patterns. The first one is from the 1st Armoured Division. The second one is from 2 Corps (I am almost 100% certain on that). On the third one, though, I am not sure where the pattern originated from. Although I have seen it on several helmets, I have not been able to link any of them to either 1st or 2nd Corps. If any forum member has information on the origin of the third design, please let us know.
    Ivan, I had a 1945Polish Exile helmet Eagles turtle helmet with the third eagle. No idea from which Corp it came.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16