Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 226 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Afternoon gentlemen, this arrived in the post today. Thoughts?

It has been repaired to the rear, but overall isn't too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The softness of the metal is a rather subjective matter. It not ‘unusually soft’, but definitely much softer than the Gaunt or Spink made eagles. No question about it.

But over to a more objective assessment, mine on the left …

Regards,
    T.

One of the "experts" has come through with his opinion on this eagle. First of all this is not a typical Bialkiewicz spinner. If it were and unusual production on his part the metal of the spinner would not be as the original made in steel, but of soft metal. In the words of this person."you would be able to put a nail into it" I have tried and this is not possible. He also wanted to know what proof those that say Bilkiewicz made it, have to say that. The other expert is travelling..I await their response. I repeat the metal of mine does not bend easily. The wings are bendable...but just as easily as a Lorioli made one...not much less or more...
    I remain unconvinced this is a Bialkiewicz production, but I also remain iffy about that thread finish...remains unresolved..for now..
    A last comment is that an identical one sold on Allegro for over 150 dollars..

Hello P, this is the current Polish army eagle. I believe it's called the “wz.1993”. The similarities to crowned eagle hat badges of the past often results in these new issues being confused for the older ones.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Would it not pass for a WW2 version?
    What are the differences?
    Last edited by Poland; 06-25-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Fellows
    I would like to add to my collection of Eagles and i am wondering if this one is a good shot?
    Looks like an unusual type?
    The seller calls it French – but i am not 100% sure

What would be your collective advice?

* Ciekawy ORZE? PSZZ Francja - 100% orygina? !!! (1092117788) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by Poland View Post
    Would it not pass for a WW2 version?
    What are the differences?
    Here’s a comparison I threw together some time ago and have posted previously somewhere on the forum.

Pictured are the ‘classic’ versions (there were variations on these) of the pre-war wz.19 and the Armed Forces in the West wz.39, next to the current wz.93.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

try again with the picture post
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

That's fantastic, thanks Tony!

?

I got this yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

DaBear
    ?

Nice eagle Wadowicznic. Is there a hard and fast rule for backings? I have these two, which look exactly the same, except for size ( I am assuming the small one is for the forage/ wedge cap). I thought they were French. If they have wires, is that a safe guess?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 30 of 226 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast