Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 225 of 226 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 221 222 223 224 225 226 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

another version of the button hole lapel badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

welcomes you. I'm new here, browsed the forum and I think I haven't seen such eagles ......
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

?

This photograph of my father in his Polish uniform was taken in about 1924. I am particularly interested in the pictured Polish Eagle hat badge. While it may just be the angle from the which the photograph was taken or simply photographic blur, the wings on this Eagle appear less pointed at the ends than other Polish Eagle hat badges that I have seen, and the Eagle’s head also seems tilted more backward (rather than straight up) than most Eagle hat badges. Could any of the experts on this forum thread help identify this particular type of Eagle hat badge and perhaps even provide a better photograph of a similar type example. Thanks in advance to all.
    Polish Hat Eagles

Default Is this information correct?

I bought a bag of berets out of an estate. This eagle is marked "Lauer" and "Nurnburg" was on Foulard Basque beret (assumed somebody just stuck the eagle on it). A quick internet search turned up one on eBay where the seller stated "This is a rare German made Polish cap badge made by the German maker 'Christian Lauer' for the Polish forces which helped occupy Germany." Just want to know if this is true because you can't believe everything on the internet - Thank you.

Don't know why the photos are sideways... 8)

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Yes, a well known engraver still in business. Pictures below of his shop from my visit to Warsaw's Old Town in 2017,and if you look closely you'll see the eagle on display. This is technically not a "copy" as this eagle has a unique design created by Panasiuk. It is different from any of the pre-WW2wz.19 pattern eagles.

Regards,
    Tony
    Oh! This brings back memories. I actually stopped in there with my dad when I last visited Poland (2002/2003) at the beginning of my collecting hobby. I think I bought an item or two from his shop which I still have (I don't remember the ballpark pricing).

Polish Hat Eagles

Please excuse the fakes/repros and modern items.

Default The original 10th Polish Hussars Regiment, 2nd Polish Corps

My uncle, Antoni Niewiarowski, my mother's brother. Hussar, tank driver, 10th Hussars Regiment, 2nd Polish Corps. His eagle on a beret and hussar loop. The original 10 PH eagle and a hussar loop with three omega and a fourth on a rosette. Hussar loop with three omega and a fourth on the rosette. The rosette is inserted into the opening through a narrow cut. My uncle married an English woman. They had no children. When he died, all the memorabilia, including war ones, went to my mother - that is to me. There is a battle dress uniform jacket with all badges and patches, a set of decorations, documents and lot of photos. I have already published some of the photos in the Facebook group of the 2nd Polish Corps. Someday I will publish everything.t

Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Default Rare cockade

Hi,
    Can anyone give me details on this cap badge? I found one earlier in this thread listed as a "Bartszowe" Battalions - pre 1918 badge. It seems very uncommon....I would like more details about it's use.
    Thanks in advance!!!Polish Hat Eagles

?

I would be grateful for opinions on this badge.

Dimensions 4.2cm x 3.0cm

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

?

Presumably this is a 40mm badge. Produced by JR Gaunt or Spink of London. I have a few questions in mind:
    (a) how does one tell the difference between makers?
    (b) was this small badge worn only on field service caps?
    (c) ...and in which theatres of war?

As an addition, I have just acquired a second badge from the same source. See the one on the left hand side in attached pictures of both badges. The second is identical pattern, but has more silvered appearance (and fixing on reverse removed or broken).
    (d) would anyone have any insights on the colour difference?

Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles
    Last edited by DougSA; 07-12-2022 at 11:08 PM.

Eagle APW?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles