MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish Medal Ribbons

Article about: Hi Tony You are incredible...I am very excited to learn this new information .Thank you so much for identifying what is most likely my dads regiment Is this regimental badge difficult to fin

?

Default Polish Medal Ribbons

Hello everyone. I first would like to start in saying this is my very first thread on this site, so please bear with me. I joined this site many months ago, to get info from the pros and learn more about Polish medals. My dad had past away many years ago and never talked at all about the war to me. Well, about a year ago my mother gave me a little box containing some medals, badges and ribbon bars of my dads. Well thru these past months and different web sites, many good people have directed me to the right places and I got my dad's sevice records from the British Ministry of Defence in Polish and English. Found out thru these records he never received many medals he deserved. I have now collected all the medals he was to be awarded, and even the commerative ones he should have gotten up to 1992. I'm making up a shadow box and a book so that my children, grand-children, and other family members can read and know what each medal was given for. The info I need to get is I'm trying to replace many ribbons on the medals and make up new ribbon bars. I'm having trouble purchasing a few ribbons. Can anyone here direct me to the right person, and give me their e-mail address or their business address, so I could purchase them. I need the ribbons for the Polish issued Jerusalem Cross, which has a large white sripe in the centre, with one red stripe on each side. Also need the Siberian Cross medal ribbon which has the light green on each side, with a red and white stripe in the middle. The last one is for the "SPK" medal which is maroon in colour and has four white strips. Two white ones are on the edges and the other two in the centre of the ribbon. I would be very grateful to you if you could help me out on this. Thank-you for letting express my little problem to you. Ed.

Default Re: Polish Medal Ribbons

Hi Sgt SOS,

I would recommend the POSK Centre on King Street, Hammersmith, London.

Their book shop used to sell ribbons badges etc, its many years since I was last there but a simple phone call could obtain the ribbons if they have them.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi again Sgt SOS,

The Polish Educational Society Bookshop in POSK telephone Number: 020-8748-5522, there opening hours are Monday -Saturday 10am-6pm, Firday 10am-7p.m.

Best of luck

Andrzejku

Hi Ed and welcome aboard,

(moving this thread over to the ‘exiled forces’ section of the forum where it’s a better fit)

I’ve never seen these ribbons offered for sale on their own, but Andrzejku’s suggestion is certainly worth a try. If that route fails you should eventually be able to find these decorations for sale complete with ribbons on ebay or Allegro and just rob the ribbons. The decorations (pictured below) are not particularly rare by any stretch. For example, here’s the Siberian Deportee Cross holding steady at about $10 with a day left in the auction:

Odznaczenie Zes

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Medal Ribbons  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Medal Ribbons  Polish Medal Ribbons 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi
    Can anyone identify the medal ribbon pictured (I hope) which belonged to my Father who was in the Polish Cavalry at start of second world war and then fought in Italy before reaching UK.
    The medal ribbon bar is made up of 4 narrow yellow vertical stripes with 3 wider maroon bars in between each yellow stripe
    Many thanks

Quote by YORKSHIRELASS View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone identify the medal ribbon pictured (I hope) which belonged to my Father who was in the Polish Cavalry at start of second world war and then fought in Italy before reaching UK.
    The medal ribbon bar is made up of 4 narrow yellow vertical stripes with 3 wider maroon bars in between each yellow stripe
    Many thanks
    It's the Polish Army Medal for the 1939-1945 War (Medal Wojska za Wojnę 1939-1945)

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    It's the Polish Army Medal for the 1939-1945 War (Medal Wojska za Wojnę 1939-1945)

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thanks for your fast response..thats great
    Jo

Hi Jo, you're most welcome. Here are some examples of the medal. It was produced by several makers.

Regards,
    Tony

Hi Tony
    Can you or anyone also help me identify the badge my father is pictured wearing on the left side of his tunic ..taken around 1938-1939 or indeed what cavalry group he was in by the uniforms?
    Many thanks Jo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Medal Ribbons   Polish Medal Ribbons  

Polish Medal Ribbons   Polish Medal Ribbons  

Polish Medal Ribbons  

Hi Jo,

The badge looks very much like the 10 Pułk Strzelców Konnych (10th Mounted Rifle Regiment).

Regards,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast