Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Polish Navy in Exile

Article about: This was up for sale on ebay in 2004, claimed to be the ensign for the ORP Garland. The seller is a known authority on Polish militaria, so there's a good probability that this is a genuine

?

Hello
    Everyone on this list from the O.R.P Kujawiak (16.06.1942 )
    Slaw
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Navy in Exile  

Hello,
    I don't know if the following link of the movie about the Polish navy has been proposed on this topic :

SIK 018 - Polish Navy – Birchwood Camp & Sailors Club in Plymouth - YouTube

In the doubt.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Hello Everyone,

Came across the following this weekend and thought I would post it :

Polish Navy in Exile

Polish Navy in Exile

Polish Navy in Exile

Award to Bosmanmat Mieczysław Sokołowski, he ended the war as a Starszy Bosman (Chief Petty Officer).

Best wishes

Andrzej

Default Polish Navy Cap badge and medal ribbons

Dear Fellows,

Recently bought Polish Navy cap badge and medal ribbons with a small photo portrait of Surgeon Cpt. Stanislaw Drozdowski. Not sure if they actually belonged to him, but I was wondering on the medal ribbons for the Morski medal (second from top left) there are 3 bars of small (silver) oakleaf bands. I wonder if anyone else in internet land can advise me what they signify?

Best Wishes

Delimata
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Navy in Exile   Polish Navy in Exile  

Polish Navy in Exile   Polish Navy in Exile  

Hello Delimata,

Many thanks for your post and congratulations on your acquisition, the silver Bars on the Medal Morski (Navy Medal) .

Entry from Polonia Restituta section on Polish Awards by Krzysztof Barbarski :

"The Navy Medal is made of a white metal and measures 36mm in diameter, the obverse depicts the naval emblem of a raised arm holding a curved sword within a laurel wreath. On the reverse is the motto Polska Swemu Obroncy with an oak leaf above and below.

The ribbon is dark blue (37mm wide) with white stripes (2mm wide) 5mm from the edges of the ribbon.

The first award of the Navy Medal could be made for a period of six months service on ships taking part in Naval operations, or for one year service in a non operational role. Subsequent awards for one year periods of service denoted by the bars on the ribbon.

Hope it helps you delimata

Also I hope you do not mind me rotating your photographs for all to view :

Polish Navy in Exile

Polish Navy in Exile

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6