Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Polish Para Badges

Article about: Good afternoon, I have just found the forum but have been collecting militaria for many years now. I wanted to post a picture of two para wings that I purchased about 7 years ago from a very

Thanks for your reply Rafal, do you also think this is not her in the centre of the group photo at Markinch above? Cheers Paul

Just strikes me as a bit of a coincidence that there happens to be only one woman in the photo and I would think at the right time!! Unless there's another reason for this?? Cheers Paul

Paul,
    Definitely not her.

It's the same woman on both photos - possibly one of a few from PWSK serving during this time in 1st Para Brigade. PWSK - Pomocnicza Wojskowa Sluzba Kobiet - Auxilary Female Military Service.

Thanks again Rafal, it was after reading a small feature in my local paper a few weeks back about Elzbieta having been in Largo in the summer of '43 that I thought, mmmm, is it? That's where the thinking came from, cheers Paul

She was in Largo as an element of parachute training. I think so.

Hi All

para badge, actually listed on Allegro: at the first sight looks convincing, but I have read in this thread, that original have always 4-digit number, so 433 in this form is not possible (should be 0433). Seller described the badge as unawarded remainder. What is you opinion?

greetings
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para Badges   Polish Para Badges  

Polish Para Badges  

Hi Tom,

The Kirkwood badges did use only three digits. The badge is from the unissued number block and looks perfectly genuine to me.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Tom,

The Kirkwood badges did use only three digits. The badge is from the unissued number block and looks perfectly genuine to me.

Cheers,
    Tony
    OK, clear Thank you, Tony

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4