Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 143 of 148 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Thankyou Going to have to visit the PISM one day regards Adrian

?

The lady I purchased the medals off has sent me some wartime photos and a document about her grandfathers wartime experiences he was in the Polish cavalry when was broke out in 1939 and fought the Germans,he was captured and put in a makeshift pow camp he and some friends escaped at night and caught a train he was then captured by the Russians and sent to a pow camp in Siberia he was released when the Germans invaded Russia and walked with general Anders to British held Palestine,great information to have with the medals and other documents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

Good morning. I am new to the forum and have read through all of your posts. I am amazed by the family connections many of you have to your collections and the depth and breadth of your knowledge. To that end, I am hoping you can help me identify a badge I purchased last month on eBay. The seller is not known for military items, but does a lot of volume. I have picked up several odds and ends from him. This was labeled RARE WWII Poland Pin. Before I purchased it, my son and I researched it as much as we could. I never found an example of it anywhere, but we think it might be from the Junacka Cadet School (JSK). That research project was really cool as we had never heard of that academy or the whole Polish experience in Palestine during the 1940s. So, no matter what the pin ends up being, that was worth the trip. Thanks in advance for your help. Here are the pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hello, I hate to give You bad news but this badge is a Polish Pre-War Cavalry badge for the 9th Regiment of Mounted Rifles.

Here is a copy of one on Ebay, albeit the seller claims it was struck in the 1970's

?

Wow! Thanks so much for the quick reply! I don't really consider it bad news since I wasn't sure what it was. Plus I got the learn about the Polish experience in Palestine during World War 2 - which was totally worth the price.

It looks like what I purchased was a repop, but I didn't pay all that much for it. Again, thank you for your expertise and quick response.

Hello there everyone!

Does anybody know which soldiers (all soldiers or just some of them selectively) of 2 Polish corps was awarded by odznaka 2 Korpusu Polskiego?
    Is it possible to get information about list of awwards from Ministery of Defense? Thanks

Regards, Valerii

Hello Valerie,

I have already answered you question in the MCC Thread, but will gladly reiterate :

Over 25 years ago I was at the Sikorski Museum in London and asked the same question of the Archivist Dr. Andrzej Suchcitz, was there a master list of recipients of the 2nd Corps Badge, there where over 110,000 awarded, the answer I received was that the Museum did not have such a list. It may be that you might find a list in a Regimental Chronicle if they decided top list them, I know that the 8th Anti Aircraft Artillery Regiment History lists only 3 of the numbers. Therefore with out the corresponding Legitymacja it is impossible to know who the recipient was.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Dear Friends,
    I wish You all the best in 2021 !!
    p.s.
    Very deplorable:
    KLUB KOMBATANTA IN MANCHESTER

Default 2nd Armoured Regiment Badge

Dear Fellows,

Wanted to share with you recently purchased 2nd Armoured Regiment badge. It believe its a Kirkwood manufacture. Would welcome comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2