Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 146 of 148 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hello Sawicki, thanks for posting that photo . My father also served in the 65th battalion. By chance do you have any more information or photos to share about your grandfather's service in the 2nd Corps?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default 2nd Corps Polish Badge Officers Armoured Training School Gallipoli Italy 1946

Hi all,
    My first subject matter post on this great forum, having just joined recently. I attach some photos of a badge in my possession which I understand if original to be rare. It does not have an issue number stamped to reverse but in all other respects it seems to be correctly made of the time. Anyway I welcome your assessment, good or bad.
    Cheers
    Mike
    (The Quartermaster)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Hello Mike,

May I be the first to both welcome you to the Forum and congratulate you on your acquisition, you are correct in stating that it should be numbered, pages 566-567 of the Wojciechowski and Sawicki show their badge has being numbered.

But it might be one that was not numbered or issued and was just left over surplus, no one can say for sure what the reason was for this.

Anyway well done and welcome one again to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej
    Many thanks for your quick reply and confirmation. It is a lovely thing and yes, there may be a number of good reasons for why the issue number never got applied.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Two Glider badges...

I suspect both are fake but would welcome the opinion of the forum please.

Thank you, Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Hello Keith,
    Don't you have better pics?

First badge is post WW2 "variation". Second also seems to be a copy (the screw is definitely a fake).
    But better pics would help to clarify.
    Cheers
    Rafal

Rafal, better images as requested.

Thank you for looking, KeithPolish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Thank you Keith,

Kirkwood's badge is a fake/copy.

In my opinion the second badge is unknown post WW2 variation ...

In the era only 20 combat glider insignia were produced.
    From this amount only 15 badges were awarded for MG operation.

Rafal

Default Scorpion badge

Hello,

Will you help me date this badge?
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Rafal thank you