Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!

Article about: Fellows, I would like to propose that we start the New Projects - similar to one on MC cross - idea is to commemorate members of SBSK - Independent Carpathian Brigade - taking part in WW2 ef

Default SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!

Fellows,
    I would like to propose that we start the New Projects - similar to one on MC cross - idea is to commemorate members of SBSK - Independent Carpathian Brigade - taking part in WW2 efforts from Syria via Palestine, Tobruk in Africa to Monte Cassino, Ancona and Bolonia in Italy.

I finally obtained the copy of Book listing /Linking names with numbers of SBSK Badge.

Lets - post the badges you have - I will add the name to each badge you post -and perhaps Andrzej can link those initial clues with his ancestry and MC data bases.

I am opening with 0623
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!   SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!  

?

I have uniform st.sierżant.
    But i dont know name. Was with him the badge, but the previous owner sold it separately :/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!   SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!  

Hello Wadowicznic,

Many thanks for creating this post, I'am on board for this and will help identify what I can, I have 3 SBSK Badges in my collection which I will post when my daughter has time to photograph each of the Badges.

But down to business :

Surname : Gładki

Christian Name : Józef

Date of Birth : 1905

Army Nr : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1905-2-III

Unit : Pułk Ułanów Karpackich (Carpathian Lancers Regiment)

Monte Cassino Cross Nr : 38289

Józef Gładki after the end of the war came to the UK with the PUK and settled in Nottingham where he died on the 22nd May 1964 and was buried on the 27th May 1964.

Wadowicznic, I will try to find my PUK list with awards and post what I find.

Best wishes and once again many thanks for starting this post

Andrzej

Thank You Andrzej!

I think it truly be great if we managed to ID and match as many badges as possible with the biographies of SBSK fellows!

I hope that our forum friends respond vigorously and with enthusiasm to uncover the unknown- by posting their Badges for IDing!!

I think it's a great idea too! I know it's a massive job but maybe would be worth to move and/or paste here already identified badges from other topics?.

4124 -
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!  

Hello Hordeum & Wadowicznic,

Unfortunately this soldier did not receive the Monte Cassino Cross and could not find him on the 3DSK List at all, I have checked the PISM Archives Not killed during the war.

The one entry I found was for a Zdzisław Szenfeld who was born in 1912 and died on the 11th February 1981 and was buried on the 10th March 1981 in Walsall, Staffordshire.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej,
    Thank you-very interesting. He was(P1) that stands for 1st infantry battalion according to the book. It may be the case that a) for some reasons, he ended up in so called 2nd group that stayed in Palestine in 44 or b) he decided to "depart" from Polish ranks to stay in Palestine to join the Jewish Independence Movement- and later ended up in the UK c) was transfered to UK to jooin 1st Cor ad /or Air Force

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Hordeum & Wadowicznic,

Unfortunately this soldier did not receive the Monte Cassino Cross and could not find him on the 3DSK List at all, I have checked the PISM Archives Not killed during the war.

The one entry I found was for a Zdzisław Szenfeld who was born in 1912 and died on the 11th February 1981 and was buried on the 10th March 1981 in Walsall, Staffordshire.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Wadowicznic

Could you check which badge number you had st.strzelec MATUSIK Władysław.
    Could you check which badge number you had?
    st.strzelec SZENFELD Zdzisław;P1-piechota???310???4124-number SBSK badge.

THANK YOU

Best wishes

Artur

Hello Artur,

From what I can remember of a Letter I received from the SBSK Association in the 1980's, the Number 310 is his Brigade Number.

Lance Corporal Szenfeld Zdzisław, 1st Bn, Infantry, Brigade Nr : 310, 4124-SBSK Badge Nr.

Hope that answers your question

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast