MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Side Cap badged to the 15 Pułk Ułanów

Article about: I have bought this side cap quite a long time ago, sporting a British made "orzełek", British Army GS buttons and the withe and red pennant of the 15th Regiment of Uhlans. Looks q

Default Side Cap badged to the 15 Pułk Ułanów

I have bought this side cap quite a long time ago, sporting a British made "orzełek", British Army GS buttons and the withe and red pennant of the 15th Regiment of Uhlans. Looks quite genuine, to me, but with no provenience, alas! What's your opinion, Panowie?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side Cap badged to the 15 Pułk Ułanów   Side Cap badged to the 15 Pułk Ułanów  

Side Cap badged to the 15 Pułk Ułanów   Side Cap badged to the 15 Pułk Ułanów  

Side Cap badged to the 15 Pułk Ułanów  

no thoughts?

Hello Loupie1961,

Although not my field of expertise, the GS Buttons make me think that it is made up, but I might be wrong, hopefully some of the other Forum members will state their opinions of the side cap.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Loupie1961,

Just another thing that I have just noticed and that is the Rank Star, the one shown has 6 arms whilst the Polish only has 5, it might be nothing but hopefully one of the other Forum members will dive in and add their comments.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

The star should be 5 pointed one, not 6

I think the star does not belong there. At very minimum

I have seen the eagle and GS buttons combo before, without the star or pennons.

I would not be so sure about it: the star is an Italian Army six pointed star and since the 15th Uhlans served in Itly is not altogether to exclude that lacking Polish five-pointed gwiazdki one could not use an Italian one. I am quite sure I have seen Italian army "stellette" used on II Korpus items before.

Italian Army star: not unlikely to be used instead of a missing Polish pattern one, since 15th Uhlans was part of the II Korpus.

Can you show the inside of this cap ?