Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay

Article about: Hi guys! I recently stumbled into some Polish items in a patch lot on ebay. I've never had any Bullion Polish patches so I'm really happy! I believe the black beret eagle is for a tanker ber

Default Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay

Hi guys! I recently stumbled into some Polish items in a patch lot on ebay. I've never had any Bullion Polish patches so I'm really happy! I believe the black beret eagle is for a tanker beret but I'm not 100% positive. Also I believe the collar pennons are transport related, again I'm not positive though.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to see if my guesses are right!

All the best,
    -John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay   Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay  

Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay   Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay  

Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay   Some WWII Italian Made Polish Items Off Ebay  

Hello John,

Many thanks for your post and many congratulations on your acquisitions, you are correct in that the collar pennons are for the Transport Units of the 2nd Armoured Division, these are shown in Guido Rosignoli book the Allied Forces in Italy 1943-45, published in 1989, isbn : 0-7153-9212-3, published by David & charles military books.

The bullion Badges are fine also, one again congratulations on your acquisitions.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you Andrzej! Am I correct in thinking the bullion beret eagle is for a tanker beret? I haven't found an exact match yet. I've been reading the sticky about Polish Cap badges but I'm only on page 25 out of 200+. I am learning a lot!

Hello John.

Many thanks for your reply, your Eagle is of a type that I have not seen before, but it looks totally correct for the period and yes it would have been worn by someone who served in the Armoured Brigade later 2nd Armoured Division, 2nd Polish Corps.

Now you just need the 2nd Armoured Division Patch either stitched or bullion made to finish the set.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks so much Andrzej, let the hunt begin!