Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Article about: Dear All, Following the success of the various “encyclopedia” like threads focused on researching Regimental Badges and Eagles – I think it would be good to invest some time to research / in

Fellows,
    v rare -one! Cadets' School Mid-East
    Finally i got good pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

?

Another
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Love these - wow!

?

Another pagon from school.
    Junackie Gimnazjum Mechaniczne
    (Junior Mechanical School)Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Hi all,
    In my continued quest to learn more on Polish airborne insignia, have a pair of airborne collar kites that would like to get any input that I can on.
    What I can see is the following:
    Measurements - 4.5cm from top to bottom, 4cm width and 3.9cm on the bottom diagonal edge.
    Grey has a hint of blue, 2 piece construction with the yellow part backed to the grey at the top, to approximately 2cm further down the back of the grey part. Old newspaper has been used to back them.
    The pins on the parachutists are intact; when angled in the light the parachutists have a soft brass color observable in certain points.
    Any thoughts gladly welcomed,

Paul

Attachment 1437846Attachment 1437845Attachment 1437847Attachment 1437848

?

Default What division is on pics Please help

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

?

Any one can help with above problem
    I know that is a Polish 2nd Corps probably Kresowa but unfortunately I’m not sure what division is on pic

Hello Bei063,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to the photograph that you posted the soldier standing on the far right wears the SBSK Badge (Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade) for his service in Tobruk as well as the 3DSK (3rd Carpathian Rifle Division Patch on his left arm.

The Soldier standing on far left is an Officer Cadet and the elderly woman in civilian clothes is their guide.

The other soldiers may be from the 5th Kresowa Infantry Division a number are wearing Pennons to the right of their Crowned Eagle Cap Badge, but for me it is hard to distinguish which Unit they are from.

The photograph was taken outside the Catacombs of St. Collistus in Rome.

Anyway no doubt one of the other Forum Members might be able to help you further.

Once again Welcome to to Forum.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hi Andrzej Hi everyone Thank You for your reply

Hello Bei063,

I can add that some of the soldiers on the picture have clearly black berets (definitely darker than the others) and white belts that were typically for an armoured regiments of the 2nd Polish Corps.

Regards
    Konrad

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast