Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unit badge of 300 PAF

Article about: I have just joined the forum and so apologise is some members may have seen this badge before but I thought I would post it up as I believe it to be a wartime original version and would be v

Default Unit badge of 300 PAF

I have just joined the forum and so apologise is some members may have seen this badge before but I thought I would post it up as I believe it to be a wartime original version and would be very grateful if more learned eyes my confirm this and perhaps given me an indication of why they were awarded and if only to polish airmen as I know that 330 PAF when operating from RAF Faldingworh in Lincs did have non polish crews.
    I believe it was worn on the upper breast pocket of the service dress.

Regards

Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit badge of 300 PAF   Unit badge of 300 PAF  

Hi Gary

It looks like a good late war variant of the 300 Squadron badge as awarded to NCO's and Airmen.
    These badges were usually awarded for service to the unit including time with the squadron, accomplishments etc
    I am not sure if Non-Polish Airmen would have qualified, in some Squadrons they awarded Squadron badges to British Airmen and in others they did not.

Nick

Cheers Nick

Many thanks for the reply ... and glad to know it looks pukka

Gary