Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group

Article about: Gentlemen I have just acquired this group that belonged to a Bronislaw Golas. This all comes together from his niece so I am assuming that the flashes, 2 Korpus and medals are correct but ho

hello!...so the medal that my father received has #32343 , 60 years after we discovered that the medal has another number..

Zdzislaw Mularski's medals, note the Montecassino Cross original but with number 32343,

The number on the certificate is n32343 , in the back of the cross the number 32343 and the certificate owns by my father has his name, I have no doubt that the Cross is original, now in the statement of the military service produced by the U.K. Ministery of Defense they wrote that the Cross #32354 was awarded to my father , so.....it is easy to understand that things could happen , in fact I did not check that until now, I will write to the Ministery of Defense APC Polish Enquiries so they verify the information about. My father with 90 years old, probably is one of the last survival of Monte Cassino , even if his health is not very well.

Default finally found my typed thesis

Quote by wayupnorth View Post
    Hi all
    I'm still attempting to locate my typed thesis on Katyn. I have found my handwritten draft but it is yellowed with age, much like myself. I shall keep looking for it.
    Hello all, after searching many physical locations, I have finally found the typed copy of my thesis on Katyn written many many moons ago. This was researched in the old-fashioned way by using books and inter-library loans. No Google searching on this one! It was also typed on portable typewriter.
    I will scan it and would appreciate info on how to upload it and to which thread.
    Thanks all

Quote by wayupnorth View Post
    Hello all, after searching many physical locations, I have finally found the typed copy of my thesis on Katyn written many many moons ago. This was researched in the old-fashioned way by using books and inter-library loans. No Google searching on this one! It was also typed on portable typewriter.
    I will scan it and would appreciate info on how to upload it and to which thread.
    Thanks all
    hi, can you convert scans to a PDF and upload via "advanced" > "attachment" button - see below:

Typewritten manuscripts....ahh, those were the glorious Tippex days of my youth
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Katyn paper

Good morning all from the Canadian Arctic. It is -38 C with the windchill this morning. I attempted to attach my university paper on Katyn, written in 1980 on a manual typewriter. I'm told it exceeds the forum limit. Any suggestions on how to do this?

And a good afternoon to you from sub-zero Vancouver, although not quite as far below freezing as where you are, thankfully. You'll likely need to reduce the page size of each scan. Your scanner's software may allow you to do this. I use Irfanview for resizing images. Easy to use and the software is free. Assuming the pages are standard 8.5 x 11 a width of 1000 pixels will me more than sufficient. Alternately, you can send your scans to me and I can process them for you. Please PM me if you wish to take this route. Also, these should be posted in a newly created thread rather than adding to an existing one.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi everyone
    I'm brand new to the website and hoping to find out more about my father
    he died recently and would say very little about his life during WW2 but I've now found some of his army papers and hope to be able to find out more

He was in the 6th ‘Children of Lwów’ Armoured Regiment and a driver in a Sherman tank alongside his brothers who were killed in Italy

Can anyone point me to any online resources/information that will tell me more about this part of the 2nd Corps and what they did?

Many thanks

Hello MIKWIZZY,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, what was your Fathers Name, also do you know the names of his brothers, if you let me know I will search through my records to see what I can find for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej

that was quick!

My father was Czeslaw Wisniewski born in Torun 12/02/1922
    His army papers that I've found show he was in the 6th Lwowski Armoured Regiment

I'm not sure of his brothers first names - still trying to track them down but my father's recollection was that they were killed when their tank was dive bombed

My father was transferred to the UK when the war ended and stayed there after discharge (which I think was 30/12/1946)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast