Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Virtuti Militari

Article about: Just got this VM made by Spink , If you could advise, I would appreciate it. Janek

Default Virtuti Militari

Just got this VM made by Spink , If you could advise, I would appreciate it.
    Janek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari   Virtuti Militari  

Virtuti Militari   Virtuti Militari  

Virtuti Militari   Virtuti Militari  

I like it. The flash seems to have washed some of the blue color from the ribbon pic.
    WW2 period ones have the suspension pin sewn into the ribbon from what I understand.
    Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 09-06-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I have previously posted a Spink example to compare against with macro photos.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Looks much like this 5-8 Early WW II SPINK Exile issue link (Redirect Notice) saying it is the same but it sure looks like it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The cross is genuine, ribbon and all. The information pertaining to Spink VM's on the page Eric linked is incorrect. The cross pictured in image (5-9) and identified as "Later Spink WW II Exile issue" is in fact a wartime 'Type 1' production cross. Although there are no records extant that establish production dates for the redesigned Type 2 Spink crosses, recent reliable information I've been given is quite conclusive that they are in fact post war, not late wartime as has been suggested in the collector community for years. Eric's comment about the pin being sewn into the ribbon remains true as it applies to factory 'stock' Spink made Cross of Merit and the Type 1 Spink VM's, although I have yet to see a Type 1 with the later Spink marked clasp mounted to the outside of the ribbon.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Warszawiak
    ?

Hallo everybody!
    I just joined the forum.
    I am VM collector and I would like to share info's regarding VM crosses.

Welcome Warszawiak, it’s great to have you aboard. Take note that there’s a parallel thread on pre-WW2 VM’s located in the Polish Second Republic section of the forum. We look forward to having you contribute your knowledge.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default Genuine VM's v's Panasuik's replica's

Hello,

I have been looking at buying some VM's on ebay's site and I am aware that there are many Panasuik's copies. I would be grateful if someone could give me some pointers as to distinguish original VM's from fakes. Any tips gratefully received. I have been stung already with purchasing fakes.

Regards,

Delimata

The best advice I can give is to spend some time on the forum’s VM thread comparing the Panasiuk version with the many genuine examples of crosses from various producers posted there. Unfortunately there’s no quick and easy short cut. You’ll need to put in the time and effort to study the many subtle differences between the crosses. The more time you invest the quicker you will be able to discern one maker’s cross from another, and the good from the bad.

I’d also recommend that you start building an image archive of the various makers. Create a separate file for each of the makers. The following link identifies many of them. Also, grab a copy of the Wojciech Stela book released a year or two ago. It’s the best reference on the topic.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Regards,
    Tony

where can I find the citation for VM for Kazimierz Kondoł? 18th battalion 5KDP. Died Aug 1944.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast