Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

VM for JAROSZEWICZ Anatoliusz

Article about: Żołnierze 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich records (based on 1945) JAROSZEWICZ Anatoliusz, 1910/20, st. wachm., 3. szw. żand., KW photographed with VM but can't find this listed anywhere.

Default VM for JAROSZEWICZ Anatoliusz

Żołnierze 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich records (based on 1945)

JAROSZEWICZ Anatoliusz, 1910/20, st. wachm., 3. szw. żand., KW

photographed with VM but can't find this listed anywhere. Possibly awarded after 1945.

Any help appreciated,

Elzunia
    Kresy Family WW2 History group

Hello Elzunia, I'll check my records when back home and get back to you.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello again Elzunia, sorry to report that neither the Suchcitz nor the Wesolowski VM lists include Anatoliusz Jaroszewicz. It is entirely possible that this is an instance of his award not entering the formal record, or he may have received his VM from an illegitimate post war authority, both of which are known to have happened. There are also rare instances of 'stolen valour' where soldiers decorated themselves with the VM. One such case is covered on one of the past threads here. Best wishes with your search for information.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Tony
    thanks for checking. do these 2 lists include awards after 1945? and would anyone even have been awarded after 1945?
    Elzunia

Hello Elzunia,

Yes, VM’s were awarded well after the war, and both lists do contain records of these awards. I did a random check and confirmed that VM’s awarded at least as late as 1959 are included in these lists.

Regards,
    Tony

OK. Thank you Tony. At least we know that much.

But it does look like a VM in the photo. Mystery!
    Or can it be somethng else?

VM for JAROSZEWICZ Anatoliusz

Elzunia