MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

what do i have and any info please

Article about: Also if anybody needs help regarding British regiments I'm a full member on ancestry and have nearly every medal roll going I mostly collect victorian medals to the 38th foot and Leicester r

?

Default what do i have and any info please

i just got this polish medal group looks very intersting but its not my theme i collect british medals i know i have the monti cassino cross and polish cross for valour please see pics theres 2 lots of dog tags please see pics also theres 3 books volumes 123 all in polish with loads of photos and maps the group is 100% genuine and original the badge with the sword is stamped 900 on 2 places and has a screw back the monti cassino cross is numbered 34619 theres also a few original photos and badges that i dont know what regiment there belong to. i assume this chap took part in the battle of monti cassino any info and a rough value greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what do i have and any info please   what do i have and any info please  

what do i have and any info please   what do i have and any info please  

what do i have and any info please  

?

Default Re: what do i have and any info please

i have many more pics but ive uploaded them but were its says drag too it wont let me drag the pics what am i doing wrong?

?

more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what do i have and any info please   what do i have and any info please  

I'm not sure about the USMC dog tags and the Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal being a part of this group. The US Marines we not in Monte Cassino. They were a little busy in the Pacific at that time. What is the one next to it? I can't quite make it out from your picture. Could you get a close up of that one (front and rear) and the reverse of the good conduct also please? Does the good conduct have a number on the edge?

Thanks
    Burt

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Where the American stuff fits in I do not know> Very odd.

But the Polish items look great from what I can see: I especially like the pressed metal "Poland" shoulder title, 8th Army and Warsaw Mermaid shield.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

When you say usmc do you mean the metal dog tags as I spoke to a polish friend a few hours ago and he told me it was not a polish name. the medals did come in a few separate bags I'm using my iPad now and can't upload pics from it but will add another close up tomorrow but looking at the medal on the reverse it days polska swemu obroncy and on the front a picture of a large eagle? Standing on a sword.

?

It's all for sale make me a fair offer it's yours we can go through pay pal so were both covered and I 100% gaurantee all items 100% original if I remember right the metal dog tags and American medal came in the separate bag so I think you guys are right my polish friend has had a quick look and the leather dog tags match 1 photo with the same name on the reverse manythanks for all help guys

A Burt says: the metal dog tags are American: United States Marine Corps.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes the dog tags are USMC, United States Marine Corps. What I was asking about was the medal with the maroon ribbon with the blue stripe in the center. It is a USMC Good Conduct. Also the one to the right of that one.

Burt

?

The medal next to the maroon and blue stripe medal. is a polish medal its not American on the reverse is says polska swemu obroncy and on the front and eagle? Standing on a sword

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast