Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Mystery Jet at our Weapons Instruction Training

Article about: Well we are in one of our annual WTI courses going on here at MCAS and I saw these beauties parked on the other side of the Fence. At first I thought F4D SkyRay's But I had to go out to my P

?

Default Another Mystery Jet at our Weapons Instruction Training

Well we are in one of our annual WTI courses going on here at MCAS and I saw these beauties parked on the other side of the Fence.

At first I thought F4D SkyRay's But I had to go out to my Precision Approach Radar and had my Marine do a drive by so I could get some photo's.
    Upon closer inspection, It's not a F4D.The Hor. Stabs are higher up on the tail.
    So I decided to reach out to my World Wide Aviation Fan friends and see if anybody recognizes this sleek looking War Bird.

Click on Image to Enlarge.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

They look like hawker hunters to me!

N321AX - Airborne Tactical Advantage Company (ATAC) Hawker Hunter F.58 at Atsugi AB | Photo ID 1099230 | Airplane-Pictures.net

This plane in the link must also be in that picture

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    They look like hawker hunters to me!

N321AX - Airborne Tactical Advantage Company (ATAC) Hawker Hunter F.58 at Atsugi AB | Photo ID 1099230 | Airplane-Pictures.net

This plane in the link must also be in that picture
    You just beat me to it

I just sat down after my dinner to flick though the new threads and my immediate reaction to the first pic before I had even fully opened it was "Hunter".

A venerable warbird indeed that has been used by many nations in its' long operational life. Mostly seen in the UK as a display aircraft I often see one hurtling around over my back garden not far, about half a mile as the crow (or Hunter) flies from the research establishment at Boscombe Down. A real childhood favourite of mine (It was the F6 then) and still it seems a machine with much still to contribute.

I had no real idea about ATAC beyond the concept of such units so I will have a closer look.

Thanks for posting.

Regards

Mark

PS Apparently ATAC have 11 of these amongs quite a few interesting aircraft;

Airborne Tactical Advantage Company - Wikipedia
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-07-2021 at 06:58 PM. Reason: ps
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you Gentlemen.
    Had to look it up on my phone because my Gubermnt PC would allow me to open your link.

She is an Oldie but Goodie. Intro into British service 1954.
    I have to say the ATAC is taking great care of them.
    They are Lookin Good for their age.

Thanks again for sharing that info found.

Semper Fi
    Phil

As you say an oldie but a goodie. Certainly up there with other fighter/ground attack aircraft of the early cold war. I can see why ATAC would be interested.

Love seeing these mysteries that pop up Phil!

?

Same here Rene'
    During WTI I know something different will show up.
    I always keep my eye out for these Beauties.

It helps I have unlimited access to the Airfield and So if its there, I can go!!!!

There was Hind helicopter that would show up, But that's hasn't been here for a couple of years.

Folks in the civilian field get contracts to come play during WTI for Simulations attacks.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-13-2021 at 09:53 PM.