Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade

Article about: Hi all. Acquired this recently from a friend and thought I would show it as there don't appear to be many props shown on the forum. He purchased it from the farm where it was dug up as a Ger

Default P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade

Hi all. Acquired this recently from a friend and thought I would show it as there don't appear to be many props shown on the forum. He purchased it from the farm where it was dug up as a German propeller as it was found in the same hole as a DO17. Upon further inspection however it has the number 89301-6 which is the number of the prop used on Allison engine Mustangs. How it ended up in the same hole as the Dornier is a mystery. Best guess it that the chaps who came to cart wreckage away already had this prop blade on board from another crash and dumped it in the hole. Either way a very cool and evocative piece that I am proud to own.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade   P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade  

Now that's an impressive piece of kit. Does it have a sister? ;-)

Nice

Quote by Composite View Post
    Now that's an impressive piece of kit. Does it have a sister? ;-)
    Alas she was an only child. If there had been I would have snapped it up too. I'd hate to break up a family.

Also just noticed the pics are on their sides. Sorry about that.

Nice, perhaps there is in Germany one site with all planes shot down, we have such site in France.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Interesting blade! Does it have anything stamped into the flat of the base? I had an identical one which I thought was from P-38 Lightning. Looking at the base it had French lettering and was from a Curtiss Mohawk.

Hi Ian. To be honest I was basing the research into the prop on what my friend had carried out as I am not well versed in such things. I have attached some photos. If you can provide me with anymore info it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade   P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade  

P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade   P51 Mustang Crash Prop Blade