Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Tycos Type D Altimeter

Article about: I've been looking all over the place for more information about this Tycos Type D altimeter. I know where it came from and that it was made for the Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps in WW1

Default Tycos Type D Altimeter

I've been looking all over the place for more information about this Tycos Type D altimeter. I know where it came from and that it was made for the Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps in WW1. Besides that though, I've not been able to find a single shred of info online. I can't even find another example of the Type D which is leading me to believe that I have something extremely rare here. If anyone knows anything please let me know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tycos Type D Altimeter   Tycos Type D Altimeter  

Tycos Type D Altimeter  

I appreciate it Gran. The only way I would know for sure is if I could see what type of spring the Tycos Type B and (seemingly most common) Type C have in them. You can find those all over the place but I'm starting to think that I have the only surviving D model lol. I can't even find as much as a picture of one.