Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

V22 osprey over my house!

Article about: As some of you may know there is a huge military exercise with lots of countries involved going on around Scotland.. I was making a cup of tea and all I could hear was a super loud helicopte

?

Default V22 osprey over my house!

As some of you may know there is a huge military exercise with lots of countries involved going on around Scotland..

I was making a cup of tea and all I could hear was a super loud helicopter. I was at first expecting it to be just a low flying oil rig helicopter like usual..

Then my jaw dropped and I couldn’t believe me eyes!

A V22 osprey!

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Just a shame it was a bit far by time my phone was out...

Hopefully you will understand my excitement as this only happened 10 mins ago! Not even on flight radar

V22 osprey over my house!V22 osprey over my house!

MV22 Osprey.....most terrifying ride of my life!!

It's Nicola Sturgeon checking out all the Scots who support the union. I hear that certain residential area's in Aberdeenshire have been earmarked for carpet bombing...

RTH
    ?

I live quite near to the SAS camp (as the crow flies) in Hereford - sometimes see low flying Chinooks. The other day I saw two Ospreys come over in two days!

?

Chinooks are pretty cool. I haven’t seen one yet I don’t think but I do know my dad has been in one!

RTH
    ?

The very rarest are the Apache gunships 👌

The only helicopters I have ever been in are the Wessex and the Westland Scout. I was invited to go up in the Scout while a new anti tank gunsight was being trialled over Salisbury Plain in 1973. Before the Gulf war the Chinooks were always coming back and to at zero feet over our house as they brought in and took out supplies from Burtonwood airbase which is/was just a few hundred yards from my current QTH.

?

I always thought it was cool one of the chinooks in British service is half a of Argentinian one we captured in the Falklands...

Helicopter in Afghanistan is made out of two salvaged aircraft from Falkands War | Daily Mail Online

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I always thought it was cool one of the chinooks in British service is half a of Argentinian one we captured in the Falklands...

Helicopter in Afghanistan is made out of two salvaged aircraft from Falkands War | Daily Mail Online
    That won't go down well with collectors on WRF... non matching serial numbers....

When President Obama visited Stonehenge (about a mile from my house) I was in the back garden when I heard helicopters. Not at all unusual as I am close to the airfield at Boscombe Down and Salisbury Plain training area and we see Chinooks, Apache, Merlin and Wildcat etc all the time. However, on this occasion it seemed a lot louder than usual. Looking up I was surprised to see 3x Sikorski HMX-1 (Marine One livery), 3 x Osprey (Secret Service?) and 2 x British Merlin (?SAS?) flying in echelon towards Stonehenge with 2 X Apache hovering over the nearby A303 dual carriageway (I have no trouble believeing they were "hot"). Quite a sight to see when you are cutting the grass. Never had a camera in my hand sadly! I later found that the chopper that actually was Marine One landed right beside Stonhenge much to the amazement of a local family to whom Obama marched straight up and greeted!

I have always loved helicopters and was always delighted to be deployed that way. I would use any excuse for even a short flight.

As for the execise off the Scottish coast my son is bobbing around up there in one of those big grey yachts!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast