Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Afrika Korps hat.

Article about: Brother has had this cap forever. It looks good to me and I think it's Afrika Korps, or at least my brother says it is. It is vented.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Hi SimonSorenKam,
    don't feel bad! Every post helps others who aren't very deep in this subject.

KMMoris, christek and Watchdog, you are absolutely right, this is an Austrian Gendarmerie Verkehrsdienst (traffic) visor cap of the 1960ies (later caps already had the edged version of a plastic-covered leather peak/visor). The badge at the side should be a flaming grenade indicationg Gendarmerie. Austrian police had an eagle's head behind a brick wall and a green centerband. Christek: your photo shows a cap for "Dienstführende Beamte" with embroidered insignia.
    What is interesting, is that it has the small police cockade instead of the bigger Gendarmerie-cockade.

Attachment 1457867

Attachment 1457866
    I appreciate it. I'm used to my friends and family asking me military history questions. And I felt a little foolish for dropping this clunker on the forum. My brother got the info and was a bit disappointed, a little more mad for what was paid for it, but heck we were in our early teens when we started buying this stuff.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps hat.
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2