Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Alkero Feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze

Article about: I don't have the confidence to say with any certainty on this feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze, currently away from my headgear bibles because of the Christmas period so I'm hoping that you guy

Default Alkero Feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze

I don't have the confidence to say with any certainty on this feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze, currently away from my headgear bibles because of the Christmas period so I'm hoping that you guys can confirm or deny my judgement on this, I'm thinking this is a post war alkero dressed up, I'm not happy with the polizei badge either, doesn't seem to be the right look to it, again thanks in advance for all opinions!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alkero Feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze   Alkero Feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze  

Alkero Feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze   Alkero Feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze  

"Per Ardua"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alkero Feuershutzpolizei Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Hello paulp4180,
    hard to tell by these pictures. Just several observations: Feuerwehr caps should have three rings of red (carmine) piping - this one doesn't (I can see blue piping around the centerband, which, by the way should be made of velvet), the cap cord is flecked silver and black - there were flecked cap cords, but they were silver and red, the waterproof coating inside the top panel seems odd, too but I can't see it clear enough, the way the sweatband is sewn into the cap (Alkero developed a way to produce stirndruckfrei caps by applying a certain method of sewing peak and sweatband in) looks post-war as well.
    I don't know anything about insignia but, as you mentioned, this one seems very odd - like a cast.

Better pictures would help, but, I am afraid, these suffice already for identifying the cap as a fake.

The good thing about this is that I appear to be learning!! Thanks ErWeSa your input is very much appreciated!
    "Per Ardua"

?

Forgot to mention: there is a difference between Feuerschutzpolizei, see here: Po-FSP (Feuerschutzpolizei/Fire Protection Police) Visors
    and Feuerwehr, see here:
    FW (Feuerwehr/Fire) Visors

MAP
    ?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post

... the waterproof coating inside the top panel seems odd, too but I can't see it clear enough....
    I'm by far an authority but with these caps one thing I have learned is to immediately look at the inside top panel. From what little I can see, this looks to be rubberized and thus post war vs. war time oilcloth.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks to all for the opinions- no surprise that I’ve passed on it ��
    Thanks again
    "Per Ardua"