Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?

Article about: Hello guys. May I ask for your opinions regarding the authenticity of this Allgemeine SS visor cap with missing insignia that is currently for sale? The initials doesn't seem quite right and

?

Just found another two with the stamp, also approved by F.-B. here:
    Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze

and here (stamp barely visible):
    Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?
    P
    Many

Thank you very much guys, for your invaluable opinions. Much appreciated! I made the decision to buy this cap and I just ordered it from IMCS militaria.

I'm thinking of completing the cap with accurate insignia. Dare I ask which kind of skull and eagle that would be the most appropriate ones for this particular cap..?
    Best regards
    //S

?

I'll quote F-B from one of the posted threads

"The black cap took the Neusilber, shiny badges..... the grey cap took the alu badges, and the zinc badges. This being said, there were naturally exceptions."

Black SS visor
    Regards, Al

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Just found another two with the stamp, also approved by F.-B. here:
    Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze

and here (stamp barely visible):
    Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor
    I'm curious if you've ever come across a Heinrich Wille cap with this color bill ? It also lacks the traditional crosshatching. I've seen this cream colored bill on Waffen SS grey caps but not blacktops. Everything else about the cap looks in order including the pierced tag. I've searched the data base with no luck. I've posted on this thread because we've already discussed this maker in detail here. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Regards, Al

?

Hello Al,
    have you got a picture of how the bill is sewn to the cap? It could have been reapplied - there are some stiches missing where the splints of the button for the Sturmriemen pierce the tag.
    I am not experienced enough to say whether such bills were ever used for Wille caps - at least I haven't ever seen any here either as far as I remember. Would be a question for F.-B.

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Hello Al,
    have you got a picture of how the bill is sewn to the cap? It could have been reapplied - there are some stiches missing where the splints of the button for the Sturmriemen pierce the tag.
    I am not experienced enough to say whether such bills were ever used for Wille caps - at least I haven't ever seen any here either as far as I remember. Would be a question for F.-B.
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm in the beginning stages of vetting a cap but the website provides inadequate photographs as usual. I try to eliminate the bad caps with obvious differences before I ask for better photo's. I think though that I will ask for more photographs and see what he sends me. thanks, Al
    Regards, Al

?

I have never seen a cap by this maker with this colour of visor. I'll find out if F-B has seen such a thing...

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    I have never seen a cap by this maker with this colour of visor. I'll find out if F-B has seen such a thing...
    Thank you so much. It seems whenever I'm vetting a cap there is always one feature that seems off and at these prices you have to be 100% convinced. These are the photo's provided at the moment. I recall this thread for one early controversial August Müller cap with a blue liner that had this color bill and the same raised seal on the sweatband. I believe you participated in the spirited debate

SS Visor Hat

Regards, Al

Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?
    Last edited by Aldo; 09-27-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    Regards, Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2