Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Armed Infantry or Mountain troops

Article about: I ran across this item. Not an expert but somehow i think this is not real.... Cannot tell why, more a feeling and I find the eagle a bit strange looking....and the swastika is not really lo

aah that is what you said. Now I get it. So or it is a "mondaymorning" cap or a fake one or a bad repair
    ;-) What I find strange of this whole thing is that why make a fake ( if it is ) and use more or less the most unknown name of a maker of these articles . If I see how few hits even on this forum are it makes me think how the "faker" even knew about this name.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armed Infantry or Mountain troops
    P
    Many

At the end I took the risk and bought it to make better pics, still made by phone. If needed i will take out the Big Camera ;-)

I checked in a book from liliane and fred funcken and found on page 72/73 that the cap is a officers new style forage cap . Always nice to have these books

?

This is not really my area of collecting but for the most part this cap exhibits everything I'd expect to see on an officers forage cap except for the ill fitting liner. As ErWeSa pointed out all those fold, wrinkles and extra holes indicate the cap has been modified at some point. The cap itself while sloppy in the way the piping, cockade and soutache are attached and finished at least have a consistent wear pattern to them. It doesn't seem contrived like an artificially aged piece.

The soutache should be tucked into the bottom seam. I can't tell from the photo's but if you flip down the flap you should see the end of it inside. Some are more prominent than others. Here are my SS, Heer Infantry and KM Coastal artillery schiffchen's to demonstrate. fakes often lack this feature

Perhaps someone who collects these can add more detail.

Regards, Al

Thank you , since it is also not my expertise , all the help is welcome . That is why a forum like this excist . To learn from each other :-) . Later I will have a look at the soutache detail. I will off course reply then again

?

What is that black fabric on the back of the flap? First time I have ever seen something like this in such a cap - looks like some reinforcement material. You could check whether this is natural fibre or some synthetic one - which, of course, would not be a good sign.

will check .

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    What is that black fabric on the back of the flap? First time I have ever seen something like this in such a cap - looks like some reinforcement material. You could check whether this is natural fibre or some synthetic one - which, of course, would not be a good sign.
    looks like a kind of felt? Like old hats also hat in the past

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2