Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with SS Kepi

Article about: Gentlemen, this SS Kepi will be coming on the market shortly and I would appreciate your review and thoughts please. I have had some negative comments but would appreciate the forums thought

Default Assistance with SS Kepi

Gentlemen, this SS Kepi will be coming on the market shortly and I would appreciate your review and thoughts please. I have had some negative comments but would appreciate the forums thoughts. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with SS Kepi   Assistance with SS Kepi  

Attached Images Attached Images Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi  Assistance with SS Kepi 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with SS Kepi
    P
    Many

As you live in NSW, I wouldn't even bother with TR any more if I were you. Quite sad what's happening in your country, you may as well just flush your dollars down the toilet as buy TR with it. I hope that the collecting forums, groups, and dealers over there are getting some kind of petition together to voice their outrage at this ridiculous ban. And its no use collectors of other militaria burying their heads in the sand because it doesn't affect their branch of collecting, because one day it might!

Cheers,
    Steve

DAI
    ?

well said harry the mole sad that a group of people who hate the selling of ww2 german symbolism and fascism { i hate fascism } seem to act like dictators themselves. will it spread which country next ?
    thanks chaps DAI

Back to the kepi, the subject at hand. It is a kepi, but of the era? it obviously is not an RZM item.

Is it possible it was used in the era, pre RZM? Certainly but who can say?

Tough call on this one for me.

BTW, the above 2 posts, if you decide to go for it, when the time comes to sell it, and if the arcane idiots are yet in charge, just remove the national symbol, enclose it in an envelope wrapped well and then covered in tin foil and send it separate normal mail if it has to go that route.
    Last edited by Rich Moran; 06-19-2023 at 10:24 AM.

?

My two cents....

I can only add that the insignia are authentic but they can be bought for about $400.

These images are of Kepi's without RZM markings deemed authentic on this forum there are some similarities in construction, brim etc. But the interior lacks a sweatband and looks odd to me Like a one piece liner. An rzm tag is more the exception than the rule in these caps as stated in the thread below

Assistance with SS KepiAssistance with SS Kepi

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Assistance with SS Kepi

Assistance with SS Kepi
    Regards, Al

Thanks Gentlemen for your kind words of support and disblief. This Kepi will be sold at a local auction in the near future and the seller states after I questioned him that the owner has informed him the Kepi is pre RZM. If that helps at all.