Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Authentic (Panzer Cap)?

Article about: Hello everyone, I am really considering purchasing this cap, I just want to check out that it's authentic. It's a Panzer Officer's Side Cap and I think it belonged to a Panzer Support unit.

If it was orange, what non-Panzer related unit/division would it be, if you know? If it's Panzer or not, I like the cap and I've bought it, it is in my budget and I like the look of the cap. I'll ask him for photos very shortly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic (Panzer Cap)?
    P
    Many

Quote by AfrikaKorps1942 View Post
    If it was orange, what non-Panzer related unit/division would it be, if you know? If it's Panzer or not, I like the cap and I've bought it, it is in my budget and I like the look of the cap. I'll ask him for photos very shortly.
    Authentic (Panzer Cap)?
    Depending on the shade of orange the unit would either be field police or ordnance troops!...

Congratulations on your purchase!

Fred

Thanks for the help guys, I like the cap no matter the unit, but I guess it'll either be a discoloured Panzer (I think it could still possibly be Panzer because I've seen other similar Panzer Caps with the orange discolouring) a Field Police or an Ordnance Officer. I'll update the thread when I find out what colour remains at the back of the waffenfarbe. Thanks everyone.

The seller got back to me and said it's faded discoloured pink, so this is a Panzer Officer's Cap. I'm pretty sure Grey Panzer caps are pretty scarce nowadays. Pretty sure the Feldgendarmerie had slightly different side caps anyway.

Quote by AfrikaKorps1942 View Post
    The seller got back to me and said it's faded discoloured pink, so this is a Panzer Officer's Cap. I'm pretty sure Grey Panzer caps are pretty scarce nowadays. Pretty sure the Feldgendarmerie had slightly different side caps anyway.
    I thought he had told you it was orange and a "panzer support unit"?........

No, I assumed it was an orange support unit and it was listed as a Panzer Cap. With my limited knowledge, I assumed Panzers had multiple colour of waffenfarbes. I then realized it's a pink one but discoloured due to aging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2