Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Beautifully salty luft overseas cap - my first!

Article about: I got my first German piece of soft headgear this morning, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I cannot photograph just how used and abused this thing is. It's sun faded, it has dirt stains

?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    It does. Thanks. I'm going to drink some beer and listen to break up songs now.
    I hear you LOL, When I first joined everything I posted ended up being fakes except for this salty cap I got on ebay for $99. When Ade gave me the good news about one cap, I got rid of everything fake and started over.
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beautifully salty luft overseas cap - my first!
    P
    Many

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I hear you LOL, When I first joined everything I posted ended up being fakes except for this salty cap I got on ebay for $99. When Ade gave me the good news about one cap, I got rid of everything fake and started over.
    To be fair, I had this one coming. 3 years of collecting, and everything received good reports, so this is the first item I got burned on, I can't really complain.

Can you return it?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Can you return it?
    Unfortunately no. I might be able to work something out with the venue though, they know me pretty well and may be able to work something out.

MAP
    ?

...... I'm going to drink some beer ....
    Think you have another year for that!

Besides the forced aged of the cap, the Korkarde is a dead give away as being fake.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Think you have another year for that!

Besides the forced aged of the cap, the Korkarde is a dead give away as being fake.

Forgot my age was visible, lol!

Lesson learned, had to happen some time.

What ***** is, now that the excitement has worn down (obviosly) it really does scream "fake". I don't understand how I didn't see it at first.

MAP
    ?

Forgot my age was visible, lol!

Lesson learned, had to happen some time.

What ***** is, now that the excitement has worn down (obviosly) it really does scream "fake". I don't understand how I didn't see it at first.
    I don't think there is a veteran collector on this forum that doesn't have a draw full of mistakes. You are fortunate in that you found the forum at a young age! So consider this a right of passage.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map, wish I could use my bad purchases for a down payment on a car!

I would like to congratulate for “taking it on the chin”. It’s never easy being told something you have is not what you thought it was and there have been many arguments on here over the years by people who don’t want to accept the truth. Your response has been commendable.

We’ve all been there, and whilst it’s disheartening, something eventually pops up with Lady Luck on your side.

CBH
    ?

Just as a side note, the payed membership opens up Stonemint’s threads on TR headgear both good and bad. Which is a great way to learn what to look for and what to avoid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2