Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Black SS General's visor cap

Article about: Hello gentlemen, It's been a while without posting on the forum, and I have just noticed my member subscription expired… However, I hope you can still help me out with this one! I bring you

Default Black SS General's visor cap

Hello gentlemen,

It's been a while without posting on the forum, and I have just noticed my member subscription expired… However, I hope you can still help me out with this one!

I bring you this beautiful Allgemeine SS visor cap and I would like to read some opinions. Both the material and quality seem right to me, and also the TK, which seems to be an original Deschler (I'm not that sure about the Eagle) It might seem too good to be true though! Please take a look at the pictures below:

Black SS General's visor cap Black SS General's visor cap
    Black SS General's visor cap Black SS General's visor cap Black SS General's visor cap

And last but definitely not least, pictures of the inside. This is what I'm not too keen on:

Black SS General's visor cap Black SS General's visor cap

Any comments would be very appreciated, it is always a pleasure to learn from you gents!

Kindest regards.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 05-15-2019 at 02:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS General's visor cap
    P
    Many

?

That's an easy one - Janke copy! It has an elegant shape but....

(Even if stored in a vacuum box - how would 75+ years act on the materials?) Further hints: chincords, sweatshield, sweatband, lining, piping, underside of visor...)
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-16-2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    That's an easy one - Janke copy! It has an elegant shape but....

(Even if stored in a vacuum box - how would 75+ years act on the materials?) Further hints: chincords, sweatshield, sweatband, lining, piping, undersinde of visor...)
    Thank you for your reply… That's what I was thinking! Whole thing looks too new It should still be good for display I guess.

CBH
    ?

The TK looks fake, inclusion in the eye socket etc.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    The TK looks fake, inclusion in the eye socket etc.
    Yes I agree, among other things it exhibits the characteristics of a detailed cast fake along the eye sockets, above the teeth, nasal cavity and top of the cranium.

Janke for sure!

?

Keep in mind that these TK's are high quality die struck badges that are sheared cleanly. When you see all these excess bumps and irregular surface material it is indicative of a poorly cast item made in a mold. In this case the eye socket is the most visible but the overall surface and finish of the skull are bad as well.
    Black SS General's visor cap