Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Cap for Review

Article about: Hello, My great uncle was a WW2 veteran and an amateur collection. He passed away some time ago but I was going through some of his stuff and noticed what looked like a Luftwaffe Field Cap.

Default Cap for Review

Hello,

My great uncle was a WW2 veteran and an amateur collection. He passed away some time ago but I was going through some of his stuff and noticed what looked like a Luftwaffe Field Cap. Through doing a little research on here and some other sites, I have some real suspicions about whether this is authentic, but the only reason I am holding out any hope is that my uncle generally purchased things from people he knew and much of what he has does seem authentic.

Thanks for any help

Cap for Review

Cap for Review

Cap for Review

Cap for Review

Cap for Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap for Review
    P
    Many

?

I could be wrong but it looks like a post war cap with TR insignia added

?

I agree with Aldo

?

Aldo, you are perfectly correct. There were no sweatshields in original caps. This could be a post-war Austrian Gendarmerie-cap (gold-coloured buttons) the sweatband of which (which went all around the inside) was torn out (original caps hardly ever had these, only in the area of the peak/visor if at all). By the way: the floor is a typical late 1960ies parquet floor.

Cap for Review

Cap for Review
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 11-06-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks, and nice detail on the floor! Its actually a coffee table but the time period definitely seems about right

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I could be wrong but it looks like a post war cap with TR insignia added
    Okay, great, thanks for the info.

He often travelled to Europe in the 60s and 70s, so maybe that is when he got it. Old man got swindled it seems!

?

Quote by DougDuley View Post
    Thanks, and nice detail on the floor! Its actually a coffee table but the time period definitely seems about right
    Thanks for the clarification! First time I see this as an inlay of a table - in my appartment there still is a floor just like this.

?

I have the original parquet floor in my house as well from 1955 although I recently had them refinished in a lighter color. I added a Luftwaffe cap to stay on topic, lest my post get deleted

Cap for Review