Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Confimation please

Article about: Hi all a friend threw this item my way, at first I dismissed it as a reproduction. The things I do not like - the stitching/lining, the silver braid, no makers name/stamp and the high arch t

?

Default Confimation please

Hi all
    a friend threw this item my way, at first I dismissed it as a reproduction. The things I do not like - the stitching/lining, the silver braid, no makers name/stamp and the high arch to the front.
    However when I gave it a closer inspection, the only good things I can see are the side buttons, there is a ghost of a badge that was once attached and the construction material of the visor seems genuine. Any opinions to confirm or deny please post war using leftover visor and buttons or out right copy. The visor has S3117/3II stamped into it also
    regardsConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Confimation please
    P
    Many

Confimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseConfimation pleaseCompare your object to this, and I think you will toss the item into the bin of the laughable.

Said item here does not appear to have a velvet, i.e. Lindensamt, cap band. Such a cap could also be for diplomats, officials, etc., but this cap is not authentic based on what I can see.

Nor does the peak appear to be Vulcan fiber, but rather something else. It looks more like the peaks on NVA caps, i.e. plastic.

peak=visor

?

Bad fake new modern poor quality materials the leather is not even real unlike the ones made during the period

Yes, a very poor attempt. The construction is incorrect. The side buttons should be RZM marked. If you take a few minutes and use our search engine you will find numerous genuine examples of the black SS cap. You should be able to see the difference by studying these examples. This should be sent packing back to where it came from.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks all - My first thought was correct in line with your valued opinions.
    Thankyou

Friedrich - VERY NICE, I would happily give one of those a loving home
    Regards

Dear Allan, you'll get your chance at some point. I will sell these. sincerely, FB