Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"DACHAU" stamp on inside of overseas/side cap

Article about: I recently acquired an overseas cap with a late period ss black panzer trapazoid insignia machine stitched to the front. I researched the insignia and it is a mirror image of the same which

Black SS helmets of unknown style/type on bottom row. Wonder is HH loved this stuff as much as we do ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "DACHAU" stamp on inside of overseas/side cap
    P
    Many

The SS in its rise went on a rampage of marking and tagging things, a process which was not sustainable when they lost their grip on Axis Europe and
    were compelled to retreat. This rampage of marking and tagging we have memorialized on this site in ten years of threads in absurdly minute detail.
    And in this process, I have no seen no "Dachau" stamp."DACHAU" stamp on inside of overseas/side cap"DACHAU" stamp on inside of overseas/side cap"DACHAU" stamp on inside of overseas/side cap

Quote by real steel View Post
    Black SS helmets of unknown style/type on bottom row. Wonder is HH loved this stuff as much as we do ?
    As I wrote, so near and so far, and you can see why they got dinged up if they were stored that way.

Himmler used these things to manipulate people. In the end, he threw it all into the sh!t heap, where he belonged, too.

None of us here wants to glorify this repugnant man in any way.

There is an irony that the rubber stamp, which was also a method of aggression and oppression, is now also such a coveted thing along with

all the other flotsam and jetsam. All the SS people I knew in the decades thereafter thought this stuff was junk and wanted nothing, and I mean

nothing to do with it. I can tell you many stories from direct experience in the FRG from the end of the 1960s until the start of the 1990s.

We have not heard any more from the person who wanted us to believe that Himmler's body double poisoned himself in front of the British and then escaped
    on the Nazi supersonic aircraft to the far side of the moon and so forth.....

Maybe there was some merit in the forum being inoperable for a few weeks.

According to period records in the helmet book by Baer...HH had much to do with the decal designs of SS helmets, both the size, structure, placement, etc.etc. Makes me wonder what else he had his hands on as far as insignia...uniform wear.

Quote by real steel View Post
    According to period records in the helmet book by Baer...HH had much to do with the decal designs of SS helmets, both the size, structure, placement, etc.etc. Makes me wonder what else he had his hands on as far as insignia...uniform wear.
    We have delved into this topic in certain threads, especially as pertains to insignia.

What I can say with certainty is neither Hugo Boss nor Dr. Diebitsch designed the black SS uniform.

I will eat my hat if proven wrong. "DACHAU" stamp on inside of overseas/side cap"DACHAU" stamp on inside of overseas/side cap

YouTube

When Andreas returns from Easter, maybe he can find the Himmler Diebitsch file on how insignia was commissioned and carried out in practice.

I recall we went through it in detail.

We have covered a lot of ground in ten years.

?

Hi John,

what struck me first was that the rough side of the leather was used for the sweatband - I don't know any example where this is done, it is always the smooth side. Then there are lots of stitching holes visible - so this strip of leather must have been used for other purposes.

My conclusion: perhaps the stamp is original and the leather really stems from the BW Dachau (and was sewn into this cap to make it more interesting/convncing), but I don't think it was originally used as sweatband in this cap.

Just my opinion, always glad to be contradicted in a convincing way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2