Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Field Cap Authentication?

Article about: I’m new to German Militaria collecting and was looking to buy my first field cap. I approached a seller on Craigslist who had this DAK Field Cap for sale. Are there any red flags apparent

Default DAK Field Cap Authentication?

I’m new to German Militaria collecting and was looking to buy my first field cap. I approached a seller on Craigslist who had this DAK Field Cap for sale. Are there any red flags apparent in the photos I’ve attached?DAK Field Cap Authentication?DAK Field Cap Authentication?DAK Field Cap Authentication?DAK Field Cap Authentication?DAK Field Cap Authentication?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Field Cap Authentication?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Don't bother, it is a reproduction...wrong material, wrong airvents...wrong everything in fact
    Good idea to post this repro before buying it....good move for a new collector
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Can't comment on the cap itself but it looks like the insignia has been replaced.

NG. This would be a higher end purchase due to rarity. I would start with something simpler and easier to authenticate. For example, the Luftwaffe "Schiffchen" is not rare and quite affordable. It would be a far better direction to go as a novice. Neil