Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Fez question

Article about: Has anyone ever observed a legitimate fez with the SS Trapazoid Adler and Skull emblem? I will post some pics tomorrow if I can preview the piece liner band is black leather. Thanks ,Geoff

Default Fez question

Has anyone ever observed a legitimate fez with the SS Trapazoid Adler and Skull emblem? I will post some pics tomorrow if I can preview the piece liner band is black leather.
    Thanks ,Geoff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fez question
    P
    Many

?

I've seen a guy selling one on the red forum recently and also seen one being sold at an auction.
    The black leather band can be good since it also came in different colours of leather, even pressed paper variance.

I do believe the SS black triangle insignia to be added post war. Show pics plz.

?

I agree with Vocht, I saw one for sale on SVM site awhile back but I was not convinced.
    Regards, Al

?

I just want to add that I believe the Police BEVO added to the fez can be authentic.
    The below image shows Sarajewo gendermerie with a (non Dachau) fez but with german insignia:

Fez question

?

Great photo !
    Regards, Al

Default SS Fez For Review

Hello All,Thank you all fot the quick responses! I have been able to take some photos of the fez and provide them for everyones opinions and comments.I appreciate the help and information!

Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fez question   Fez question  

Fez question   Fez question  

Fez question  

?

Both the Fez and the trap insignia are authentic It's just a question of when it was applied. I have seen one like this for sale before, it's just not what you'd expect to see. However it certainly is feasible. A period photograph of one in use would certainly help.

Good luck
    Regards, Al

Thank you Al, I appreciate The response. Has anyone had an opportunity to see such an animal in a period photo? I have seen the two piece Adler/Skull configurations before but the version for police shared by Vocht is the first time I have seen a Police version! So far I have been unable to find a period photo with the trapazoid emblem... Again,Thank you for all the information.

Regards,Geoff

?

Indeed authentic Fez and authentic insignia. Seen this setup before not a standard configuration. Can be put together at any time.
    Is there any sign / discolouration of any other insignia attached previously?

Thank you for the reply Vocht,Sorry for the late response.I do not see anything that indicates a different insignia application,so I decided to add a few more photos hoping perhaps someone with a keener set of eyes may be able to pick up on anything unusual. All comments and info appreciated.

Regards,GeoffFez questionFez questionFez questionFez question