Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Heavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor cap

Article about: Hello, it would be appreciated if you could authenticate this visor for me! I got this cap a while back for 150 USD on an auction, with a matching uniform. The auction site said it was from

Default Heavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor cap

Hello, it would be appreciated if you could authenticate this visor for me!

I got this cap a while back for 150 USD on an auction, with a matching uniform. The auction site said it was from 1943. There wasn't much details other than that. It is named, and seems to be very heavily modified. The wreath cockade is also sewn onto the cap. When I asked Reddit previously, they confirmed that it seemed to be authentic, but I am posting it here to be 100% sure. I do know for a fact that the cap eagle is a fake and the chinstrap is also obviously a fake due to their cleanness.

Additionally, if it is indeed authentic, do you have any advice for storing it properly?

Thank you!

William

Heavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor capHeavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heavily repaired and damaged German Panzergrenadier NCO visor cap
    P
    Many

?

From what I can see in these pictures this seems to be a DIY job - I don't think anything is original there. This doesn't look like a repair but like a complete bricolage, neither the lining(s), nor the two different! parts of the bill, nor the parts of the sweatband are original. I don't know who did this and for which purpose.

Dadgummit, that makes me want to cry. Thank you for replying though!

Sheesh, what a mess
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Ach, probably gonna list it on eBay auction then :/

I got this back when I was 13, when I really wanted an authentic TR visor cap more than anything in the world. Looked good, and 150 was in my price range. Hopefully I can get an authentic one once I am able to make enough money to spend thousands on militaria. But that won't be 'til I finish high school and get my own job, hahaha.

Good luck Wilhelm and let us know how you make out

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Yes sir!!