Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Artillery NCO's schirmutze: opinions please

Article about: Agreed! 100% good, have one in identical condition. Remember visors were not worn by em/nco in the field so they dont always look like they've gone through a battle field. Most were to be wo

Default Re: Heer Artillery NCO's schirmutze: opinions please

Agreed! 100% good, have one in identical condition. Remember visors were not worn by em/nco in the field so they dont always look like they've gone through a battle field. Most were to be worn for parade or formal dress occasions. Finding visors for EM/NCO in perfect condition is actually fairly easy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillery NCO's schirmutze: opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Artillery NCO's schirmutze: opinions please

Hi Robert

I like it too. The fact it has stamps on the inside of the liner is a good sign IMO.

The contract caps will have a makers stamp and then maybe even a distributors stamp as well. Can't make out what these say from the pics.

Not personally seen one before with the writing under the celluloid on a Govt contract cap but that would make it all the more worth a purchase for me.

I like the look of the crown tri-cot material and agree that minty ones are not a rarity and certainly not always a sign of fake/reproduction.

Under the hood looks classic maunfacture and the cork board on the front is correct.

The repro ones I have seen have this feature but the cork is much lighter in colour and they look like they have been made from cork floor underlay. On this note the repro ones also have the correct colouring for the liner but it is a much thinner cotton material than found in the originals and a little too shiny.

Any interesting news in the newspaper ?

cheers

tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2