Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43

Article about: Hello, all. I've just finished posting my introduction, so I'd like to jump right in and show off one of my favorites. I don't have any peers with German headgear expertise to rely on, so I'

Default Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43

Hello, all. I've just finished posting my introduction, so I'd like to jump right in and show off one of my favorites. I don't have any peers with German headgear expertise to rely on, so I'd like your thoughts on this one. I've had it about a year, and to my very moderately experienced collectors eye, I believe it's a good one. I'd love to hear from some of you more M43 savvy members. Some info the camera may not pick up:

• The trapezoid looks to be stitched at the top and then folded over, hiding the seam - I believe this is common and correct?

• It certainly appears (and smells) aged, and there's plenty of grime in the interior (and a bit on the outside of the cap) that the camera doesn't pick up

• The visor feels to be cracked right down the middle, and a crease down the middle of the cap makes it appear it was stored folded-flat for a very long time

• The wool is a bit coarse, but not as much as the camera makes it appear. It does have a few tiny holes here and there that appear to be moth nips

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43
    Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Definitely wait for the soft headgear experts but looks like a good one to me. Just not sure about the buttons.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey, thanks so much! The buttons threw me off when I was first pondering the purchase, but after seeing a few examples of similar caps in historical photos, I wasn't too concerned - but I do agree that they're a-typical. Thanks again!

Nice but I'm no expert on these! but the buttons to me are those found on blouses and great coats. And used on 43's

You may be able to find out who belongs to this RB Nr. in this thread.
    The Reichsbetriebsnummer RB numbering system.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis
    You may be able to find out who belongs to this RB Nr. in this thread.
    The Reichsbetriebsnummer RB numbering system.
    Ralph.
    This forum is such a goldmine of information - thanks so much for the link, rbminis. I didn't see my specific RNBr. there, but I could have overlooked it. Some research tells me 0/0520/0017 may be Hermann Potthoff in Coesfeld, but I don't know if that's entirely accurate. Thanks again for the info!
    Last edited by DerFunker; 04-17-2022 at 01:38 AM.

I wonder if late in the war that particular manufacturer simply ran out of pebbled buttons and couldnt be resupplied??

( sometimes the simplest solutions are the correct ones )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I wonder if late in the war that particular manufacturer simply ran out of pebbled buttons and couldnt be resupplied??

( sometimes the simplest solutions are the correct ones )
    I think that's very possible. The regular buttons gave me pause when I first found the cap, but certainly some examples of these buttons can be seen in historical photos:

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43

Neat, eh?

?

I don’t have any problems with it, though some shots in natural daylight are always preferable.
    It is probably just my eyes, but I think I see a faint ‘ghost’ above the insigne (as if it is a replacement, although it certainly doesn’t appear to be), but this may just be shadow from the lighting.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    I don’t have any problems with it, though some shots in natural daylight are always preferable.
    It is probably just my eyes, but I think I see a faint ‘ghost’ above the insigne (as if it is a replacement, although it certainly doesn’t appear to be), but this may just be shadow from the lighting.
    Thanks for the input, Kohima. I took a snap in some brighter light, and I think you're correct about it just being a shadow.

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast