Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer M43 cap opinions please!

Article about: Greetings to all! I would like to show you a cap and give me your opinions, I am a newbie and I am always willing to learn, thank you!

Hello,
    Dont bother....it's a piece of crap....
    It's a modern example produced for reenactors that was aged...it's worth 20 euro in brand new condition
    (I corrected the title of the thread as you used the word Herr instead of Heer)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M43 cap opinions please!
    P
    Many

Thank you very much for your opinion Philip, how difficult it seems to find a good M-43 cap. I was wrong to write HEER yes, hehe, I hope you can forgive me.

Hello again,
    Einheitsfeldmützen are rare that's a fact, but before purchasing one i would advice you to learn about their features. The one shown in this thread was not produced to deceive collectors, it was made for reenactors and movies.....so if you face an example that was made to deceive, you're gonna be in trouble if you don't know what to look for...and how genuine examples are made.

By the way, what i wrote in my first post is not my opinion, that's a fact (you can believe me)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

"Dont bother....it's a piece of crap....
    It's a modern example produced for reenactors that was aged...it's worth 20 euro in brand new condition"

You can take these comments to the bank... Mr. Moderator is one who I would trust implicitly with his comments and judgement.

I hope I didn't give you false hope, I owned one many moons back, these days I am more comfortable with Luftwaffe items.

Best wishes

Bob

There you go - more fool me!
    I too owned an example many years back, I am wondering now whether mine was legitimate or a good copy as well.

Trouble is, when you are a POW or a worker in post war Germany and you needed a cap to wear - and removing "offensive" insignia was so easy to turn it into something practical - then why wouldn't you wear it to its death! .... a vet acquired example would be the only believable type these days, I'm sure!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you very much Philip, I do not doubt your word, I am learning about these caps and all information is a great help, I have one from the Luftwaffe about which I do not have many doubts, I will also show it to you and you give me your opinion. Thank you all very much, Danmark, Bob, Erwesa ......

True Danmark, I guess those caps were used for everything after the war, you have motivated me to learn, search and search for a good one! Hahaha thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2