Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?

Article about: Hi All, Been researching this one for the last few days and I've hit a wall. I've found the maker, thanks to this lovely forum, and many facets look good to me. What's got me hung up is the

Default Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?

Hi All,

Been researching this one for the last few days and I've hit a wall. I've found the maker, thanks to this lovely forum, and many facets look good to me. What's got me hung up is the underside of the visor and the color of the upper portion of the cap. I did read that Schellenberg was a maker for Herbert Herbst and I see another example of a cap with grey upper and grey/green below the black band, so I've almost put that to bed. But I can't find another visor underside that looks like this one which has me worried.

Beyond those worries, the cap is on the rough side. Missing the sweatband, eagle, chinstrap and the buttons/rivets that hold the chin strap. All that aside, if it's real, it's from what appears to be a rarer distributor and worth preserving? As always I'm sorry the photos aren't better, they are what the seller provided me. I advised him NOT to remove the totenkopf to check the markings, but he had already done so. Thanks for the help!

-Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?   Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?  

Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?   Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?  

Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?   Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?  

Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herbert Herbst SS visor - Rough, but real?
    P
    Many

IMO, a Heer visor with a replaced band, and for some reason, a LW-type visor.
    Insignia looks cast.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stone,

Thanks for the quick reply, I knew there was something off about this hat. For everything that seemed ok, something else just wasn't quite there. So this is a Frankenstein someone cobbled together?

-Sam

The skull is for sure fake!!
    And agree with Stonemint about it looks like a heer visor someone fooled awfully around with.. One of the funnier though!