Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

HJ winter ski cap?

Article about: Hello friends, Didn't know whether to post this in the HJ forum or here, since it is a cap after all - and I have a fair few threads started over there today anyway So here goes: grateful fo

I will skip responding to the personal attacks, and instead address those interested in this topic:

There are no regulations which provide for HJ M-43s, whether in the RZM, the HJ Verordnungsblatt, or even Uniformen-markt.
    There are photos of HJ (usually attached to Volkssturm units) wearing M-43s, most often in 1945.
    Given the same, those caps were most likely re-purposed WH or LW M-43s.

Photos of them in wear are rare, which would make any actual untouched examples existing today that much more rare.
    As such, you cannot take it on faith that the “HJ” M-43s on Ebay/dealer sites/auctions have a chance.

Bottom line is that the odds are astronomically high that a potential collector will get burned if he takes a chance on one of these (which is all I am trying to prevent).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ winter ski cap?
    P
    Many

?

I mean, if the whole point of this thread has become 'better safe than sorry', then what's the problem? Seems clear-cut to me. In any case, thanks for your input, gentlemen. The cap in the OP is no longer in question.

?

I wondered if the field grey and black were turned into other things but the blues have survived because the crooks couldn't think of what to make them into, IMO HJ certainly wore them in some field of helping near the end of the war.. so after sniffing around Fire Protection looks most likely, not saying that's what they are but certainly HJ were well involved with that group and it's a strong possibility. I just thought I would share what I found.

Image courtesy of the dealer shown in the photoHJ winter ski cap?

?

Quote by ColinD View Post
    I wondered if the field grey and black were turned into other things but the blues have survived because the crooks couldn't think of what to make them into, IMO HJ certainly wore them in some field of helping near the end of the war.. so after sniffing around Fire Protection looks most likely, not saying that's what they are but certainly HJ were well involved with that group and it's a strong possibility. I just thought I would share what I found.

Image courtesy of the dealer shown in the photoHJ winter ski cap?
    Buttons look identical to the one in my OP, right down to the worn-off paint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3